6ftunder-Revenge Of The Zombie-Cover

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
here's the first roughmix of Dead Remains' version of "Revenge of the Zombie" by Six Feet Under

note: I did NOT try to copy the 6ft sound cause this is just one song from an entire album, so I just used the sound I'll be using for the other songs of this band.....my goal was oldschool meets modern and BRUUUUUUUTAL....so you don't really have to compare this to six feet's tone

automation etc to be done.

Dead Remains RotZ

be kind

here's another song from that band:

The Skinner

(also some stuff missing...the outro-fade for example;) )

You achieved it. I have a soft spot for the Marshall Cab tone since almost all the albums I listened to growing up were recorded with them. :headbang:

I love the character of the API. Super fast attack, tight, punchy and detailed. Can't wait to get me some API................only a couple more weeks. :)

EDIT: Loving the Bass tone as well. Nice mix overall. Vocals (singer that is, not your production) is the weakest link. Sounds like he is trying too hard.

Ooooh yeah, wasn't too keen on it when it was just the guitars, but man does that bass fill it out nicely (a bit too much audible grit for me though IMO, sounds like around the 2k range, but I rarely eq bass, so don't hold me to that :D)

Vocals (singer (...) ) (...). Sounds like he is trying too hard.

I can see what you mean here as well. Though I think his vocals sound better (i.e less "forced") on their original song (not the SFU cover), which makes sense anyway.

Nice production overall. Very "modernized old-schoolness" like :)
Like someone said the guitars sound a tad weird when solo-ed but with the bass they rock.