For The Sake Of Revenge

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
I just picked up the Sonata Artica dvd/cd set "For The Sake Of Revenge" and I love it. :kickass:

Pros: Sound is very good. Nice set list. Good Crowd.
Cons: Would have loved some on stage hand held camera shots and more drummer shots. I also thought for the tempo of their music that they would be more energetic band.

Dispite my tick tack issues here, this set is well worth the $ 15.00 I paid for it and I can recomend this to any fan of SA.

Who has it and what are your thoughts on it?

lightray-1144171129_i_4679_full.jpg

I love it, but some of the songs seem slower live than on CD. I'm a SA fanboy so I of course had to get it right away. It just makes me want to see them live again though.

Absolutely love this album! Only gripe I had was they seemed to rush through "Shamandalie", which is such a good song. His vocals seemed so forced because he's trying to keep up with the tempo. Only a minor issue with an otherwise outstanding live album.

DreamThief said:
Absolutely love this album! Only gripe I had was they seemed to rush through "Shamandalie", which is such a good song. His vocals seemed so forced because he's trying to keep up with the tempo. Only a minor issue with an otherwise outstanding live album.
Have it, love it, but I did notice the tempo in Shamandalie seemed a bit quick. Doesn't spoil my love of this DVD. Worth the price if you even just kinda like the band.

I totally love this DVD/CD too. Saw SA live in February and can't wait until they come around again.

I often catch my 6-year old son humming or singing White Pearl, Black Oceans. It's so cute :)

I thought the dvd was fantastic and matched what I saw in person when I caught the band live.

i like it, but i prefer them in a small venue setting.

if you get a chance to see video of them playing for a special they produced at tavastia, you'll see the difference.

go to youtube and search for that.
it's much better, in my opinion

I thought it was a great concert DVD. Good quality, good set list. Yeah, like someone said above, it was pretty much like when I saw them this past tour. Well worth it.

It's a great CD - I don't plan to watch the DVD, as concert DVDs don't generally do much for me.
For me, a great live band is one that can blow me away without my being familiar with their music in the least. SA did that last winter when I caught them in Edmonton, and this disc is a good representation of what I remember from that night, except that the audience sounds bigger. I'll be listening to this cd a lot.