For the Sake of Revenge

Yippee38

Living the dream!
Oct 8, 2002
Somewhere at 33,000'
Visit site
Anybody else get it yet? We just watched the DVD last night. At first I thought the sound quality sucked, then I changed the sound field to "stadium" and it came alive. It's a bit weak in the bass, but it sounded great.

It was very close to the show they did in Chicago in terms of setlist. They are so friggin' awesome live, that there's no way this DVD can't be great, and it is. I hope they headline PP someday.

If you're a Sonata Arctica fan, pick this up. It's only $14 and it includes an audio CD of the concert too. The extras are pretty damn funny too.

Still sitting on my entertainment center, unopened.
I barely have enough time to take a dump at home lately.
I'm really looking forward to seeing this...

J-Dubya

Well, when I said, "I thought the sound quality sucked" I meant it sounded a bit thin. There didn't seem to much depth to it. I figured out that I had the DVD set to Dolby Digital 5.1, but the stereo was outputting stereo 2.1. No wonder it sounded thin.

It sounds great in 5.1!

Daybreaker said:
Good DVD. Although where's San Sebastian? On the box it's listed but it goes right into The End Of This Chapter instead. Yargh, that ones one of my personal favs too.

San Sebastian is on there. I know it is. I commented to yardleybates when it came on.

Daybreaker said:
Good DVD. Although where's San Sebastian? On the box it's listed but it goes right into The End Of This Chapter instead. Yargh, that ones one of my personal favs too.

Speaking of missing songs, where the hell is Gravenimage??? What a tease, just playing the intro. That was the song I was most looking forward to seeing since it was omitted at the shows I saw. Frankly, I don't think it should be on the track listing if its only the intro, or at least it should indicate that.

Sonat(-][-)rctica
Yeah, I have to agree with all of you guys, the DVD is great...
but as for the 5.1 sound stuff, i did notice that there are some problems
but nothing that can't stop watching the dvd for.

Hey and how about the opening line on Black Sheep...
"We're not Iron Maiden, We're not from England,
We are SONATA! we are from Finland"
Fu*king Wonderful!