7000 Tons Cruise: Band schedule (ouch to a few bands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the cruise is in full swing, surely someone can give a report?

Nahhh. Going online costs money in the ship's Internet café.

When I was on that ship, I just waited until we were in cellular range of any US port and used my netbook's WWAN. Fight the power! :)

A visual, "hot-off-the-press" report can be seen at MusicPix.net (via Nuclear Blast press release):

http://www.musicpix.net/index.php/n...s_to_you_70000_tons_of_metal_musicpix_update/

Cool. Pretty decent-looking stage on the pool-deck, under the watchful eye of the Viking Crown lounge looming in the distance....kinda appropriate for, say, Tyr or Amon Amarth.

I'm wondering if they had to cover one of the two pools to put it in.

Just returned from the 70K Cruise...

I have to hand to the promoter and his staff. Except for a late start in the main theater on Day 1 (do to the cruise ship crane operator arriving 3 hours late
to the ship as traffic blocked his entrance because of the police-funeral motorcade procession), the entire week was nearly perfect. Trying to imagine
the planning and logistics for such an event must have been overwhelming at times. But you would have never known it. The event, the shows, the ship
the bands, the staff....all top notch and bands/fans were just out-of-their-minds having a blast 24/7.

Production for the shows was at a premium. They didn't skimp on anything. The pool deck was a fully erected out-door style stage built directly in front of
one of the two pools. The best part of that?....they drained the pool and built a standing deck-level floor from inside the empty pool and up.
It was as if the pool never existed, providing plenty of direct standing room for all with the second level balcony over-looking the stage as well.
Production by SIR and a talented crew kept everything running nearly perfect. Some shows ran late because of sound-checks, ect.
But for a first time event, I am sure that 99% of all that attended would do it again without question.

The weather was ok...no rain, food was good and the ship said they sold more booze in the first 5 hours on day 1 then they normally sell for an
entire 5 day cruise....there was some serious alcohol consumption going on 24-7 with all night Karaoke going til 8 am.

All of Europe, Saudi Arabia, Australia, China, Japan, and many other countries were represented. We talked to many people who have never heard
of the great Prog-Power USA experience....many from the US. And I suspect many of them will be searching out this years PP festival now that they
have a taste of what good promoters in the US can provide.

Time for some sleep and to clean my liver........Cheers!

Production for the shows was at a premium. They didn't skimp on anything. The pool deck was a fully erected out-door style stage built directly in front of
one of the two pools. The best part of that?....they drained the pool and built a standing deck-level floor from inside the empty pool and up.
It was as if the pool never existed, providing plenty of direct standing room for all with the second level balcony over-looking the stage as well.

Cool, that answered one of my questions. :)

We talked to many people who have never heard
of the great Prog-Power USA experience....many from the US. And I suspect many of them will be searching out this years PP festival now that they
have a taste of what good promoters in the US can provide.

Awesome! Maybe we'll be seeing some of them in 2011 as well!

I noticed they're going to be putting tickets on sale for a second 70Ktons cruise, so it must have done well enough for a reprise. :kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.