8/14 Chicago concert question

Darth Coitus

Sith Happens
Nov 26, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
I'm going to be in Chicago August 14 for WizardWorld Chicago and I was wondering, where, in relation to Rosemont, is Chicgao Heights? And can anyone tell me how much tickets to their show there are?

Rosemont is northwest of the city and Chicago Heights is south...almost (kinda) near the Indiana border. Technically, it's about 50 miles away, but it'll probably take you two hours to get there. Especially since you'd be traveling to the concert during rush hour on the Tri-State. Now that I think about it, make that three hours.

and tix are $20.

They're playing at Oasis 160 on Joe Orr Road. I think my ticket says the show is at 7 or 7:30.

I've personally never been to the venue yet, but people have said it's a decent place. My boyfriend's brother's band is playing on the 3rd there, so I can scope out the venue then.

I was just joking about the three hours, but I wouldn't doubt it taking two. It takes my friend an 1-1.5 hours to get from O'hare to Oak Lawn on 294 that time of day, and I would add 30-45 minutes onto that to get to Chicago Heights.
It's gonna take me forever to get there too b/c I have to leave from work up by the United Center. :bah: Boo traffic!!

(BTW- Horns up:headbang: for the south siders!!)

thunderhead said:
I live about 30 minutes away in Joliet. Im STILL upset that Lamb of God will not be there. SHITSHITSHITSHIT
Funny you say that. I went to Best Buy to attempt to purchase the new Shadows Fall and they didn't have it.
So I wanted to buy Lacuna Coil (never heard them before, but wanted to support them because Cristina is cool[and hot]), and they didn't even have an LC section, but I stumbled upon the Lamb Of God CD. It was only $9.99. I heard a couple songs on HeadBanger's Ball, and liked what I heard, so I bought that one.
The productions not good, but the music is cool.....
Anyway.... I would like to trade you a Anthrax/Lacuna Coil show for one Anthrax/Lamb of God show!

And I have learned my lesson.....no more looking for CDs at BEST BUY!
I'll go online from now on...maybe....