8-bit/Electro Djent

This is really cool. I had the idea of combining chip-tunes and djent a while ago, it's nice to see that other people thought of the same cool idea.

Music is badass, I want a download link.
Thank you for not making me click Like before listening.

Mix-wise, it's a good mix. The drums are S2.0? I would replace the snare/kick with something perhaps a little more original. The mix itself is a touch muddy, and lacking in the 8khz region I think.

fuck, listening to it again, as good as yesterday! Are you making an album of it? It will be niiiiice.

Edit: how do you compose this kind of stuff? Start with the -bit part or the djent one?

your music has gotten so much better since adam shaved his beard off ;)

good stuff guys :)

thanks,

A djent band that isn't another periphery ripoff and doesn't overdo it with the djent cliches, congrats.

What do you use for the synths? I have looked around at different 8-bit emulators but they just don't have that sound.

Good. Very good.

The production is excellent, technicality-wise it's awesome. Not sure about combining djent with electro-pop melodies but it's nice anyway.

Thanks for all the feedback dudes!

@TheWinterSnow: For the synths I use a shit load different VST's/8-Bit emulators and layer them carefully until I get the desired sound. It's not a case of djent riff first or 8-Bit melody first, I'll combine the two together where it works and feels right.

Again, LIKE the Facebook page if you haven't already and spread the word. :D Our EP 'Insert Coins' will be released in the very near future!

What do you use for the synths? I have looked around at different 8-bit emulators but they just don't have that sound.

First of all you need basic synth that use basic waveforms - sine/ triangular/ square... but mostly pulse ones. (don't remmember right but maybe one called Magic 8-bit - FREE)

Song was awesome but disappointing, cut that's more trance than 8-bit.

First of all you need basic synth that use basic waveforms - sine/ triangular/ square... but mostly pulse ones. (don't remmember right but maybe one called Magic 8-bit - FREE)

Song was awesome but disappointing, cut that's more trance than 8-bit.

I would call it a cross between the two. Nevertheless, I don't limit myself to the 8-bit thing exclusively, I like to merge different styles together (be it trance or anything else) while of course keeping the 8-bit side as something that's always consistently there. ;)

Thanks for all the feedback dudes.

cater an album of this towards ~140bpm pop techno, and you could sell this to clubs and white girls would be on it like a bum on a bologna sandwich son

I like the song "Insert Coins", sometimes a bit random (song writing-wise) but very cool sound you got there.

May I ask what you have used for the guitars? They sound very nice. :)

Good luck with your project. :)