8 ins trs / xlr with adat out?

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
basically i have a completely digital studio and i find my self buying more and more analog gear

i need a way to take a buntch of XLR / TRS connections and get them straight to my RME FIREFACE 800 with minimal signal loss, so in other words, some sort of unit that has adat out and doesnt want to be my pre's because i am using outboard pre's

is it time to get a console or is there something that does this?

i want something that isnt going to color the sound, just get the connections where they need to go

i own an m-audio octane, and sounds ok to me. maybe its not the best pres available but if you need extra pres for recording it does the job.
It has 8 xlr ins and 8 direct outs, and it also has adat out.
For example, when recording drums i use my best preamp channels in it, and i use octane for the other inst. recording the same time as the drums. If i have the chance to re-record the inst. that i've put through octane, i will try to. but if it don´t , i will use those octane recordings with no problem.

There`s others 8 in adat out pres available out there. But this one sounds ok.
And it isn´t much expensive. I´m thinking of buying another one, it´s always a god thing to have extra pres.

yea I'm not 100% sure but i know behringer ada8000 is a copy of a piece from rme or apogee that is something like a8000 or some shit i don't have time this morning to look for it. But it is adat with no preamps just 8 channels of ad/da if i recall correctly might be something to look for though.

I'm sure other people will correct me if I'm wrong....:loco:

yea I'm not 100% sure but i know behringer ada8000 is a copy of a piece from rme or apogee that is something like a8000 or some shit i don't have time this morning to look for it. But it is adat with no preamps just 8 channels of ad/da if i recall correctly might be something to look for though.

I'm sure other people will correct me if I'm wrong....:loco:

It does have preamps

yea i own the ada8000 but i was trying to make a reference to the rme or whatever behringer copied. You pretty much just want something that has analog to digital with 8 inputs that has adat aka light pipe right?

Presonus Digimax LT!
good price and great pre's!

+1, I use it for everything, because it's the only thing I have and I would always rather use it than use the Digi002 preamps, haha. I must admit that I really am not an experienced connoisseur of preamps, but I've never had any kind of sound quality issues with the Digimax LT.

Joey, the ADI-8 is one of few clean 8-in 8-out AD/DA's out there.

You can also check into the Lavry Blue AD/DA series products, but beware they are very pricey. But thats what you pay for the best gear in town.

I love it on drums, it's warm sounding!

i just can't get my self to buy anything presonus

after checking out a fire pod with a frequency graph, it had 60 hz hum and a horrible dc offset

where as my fireface 800 has neither, clean and flat

so i can't see my self buying anything of presonus that is digital...

Yeah I don't know about the Firepod, but I doubt that they put the exact same preamps in it that they do in the Digimax. Even if they do, the Digimax is a dedicated preamp while the Firepod is crammed full of other things as well. My Digimax sounds really clean.