8-channel A/D converters under $1400?

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Anyone know of any reasonably priced solid converters under $1400? I want to pick up a couple of outboard preamps this year and am trying to plan on what to buy... I'll need something that will convert the analog signals from the outboard pre's into digital that has ADAT out so I can hook it up to my Onyz 1200F! Don't want to fork out the money for a Lynx or Apogee... Originally I was looking at maybe picking up a Fireface 800 and running my Onyx preamps out of the 1200F into the Fireface via ADAT but I think that's a complete waste of the Onyx and it makes more sense to get a dedicated converter to make use of the ADAT channels in the Mackie unit... Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Even the RME ADI-8 DS which seems to be the cheaper one is still like $1899 though :lol:... I can get a Fireface 800 for much less than that, so that to me sounds like a better choice in that situation even though it would be absolute and complete overkill! I'm sure the ADI-8 conversion is fantastic though, better than the Fireface for sure... We'll have to see I guess! I wish the Echo Audiofire stuff had ADAT out... Grrr!

I recently sold my Nuedno 96K 8 I/O's which were made by RME and essential the same for $600 each.

I am sure you can find those online at a very reasonable price.

I have seen them in music stores on clearance for $699 new.

I paid $1000 each for them as part of a package deal.

They will do your 8 Channel A/D just fine.

nuendo_8io_title.jpg