Best 8 channel interface for use with a Mac and Logic?

If you read my original post about the Fireface you would see that I don't want one of those right now either because I only have one 8 channel preamp, and I need at least 16 inputs to even get by so anything with 4 preamps is out of the question right now. I see used Ensembles for about $1500 and a used FF800 from $900-$1000 so yeah I was exaggerating a bit but it's still more expensive for far less feature wise. Maxing out at 18 inputs is definitely limiting, I need at least 15 to record a standard 5 piece drum kit, let alone the big kits that come along with the whole metal thing. If the Ensemble had 16 channels of ADAT instead of 8 I would definitely be considering one down the road, Apogee stuff is the perfect choice for Mac/Logic as long as it has enough i/o to satisfy your needs.

Just something that I remembered just now: isn't it possible to daisy chain firewire interfaces with Macs? I think I've heard of people running multiple Profire 2626's on a Mac like what's possible with Firepods/FP10's. Also heard of people using completely different interfaces daisy chained. Haven't tried it myself; I just connect an external HDD to my Profire 2626.