After an 8 Channel Pre

OK, read the 1200F thread, and I'm interested in expanding my current interface (MOTU 896HD). Been searching about and have limited my choice down to a few preamps. Anyone got anything to say about these pre's?

Mackie 800R

Mackie 1200F

Focusrite Octopre LE

Presonus Digimax FS

Im slightly concerned about the Phantom power on the Focusrite, having said that, I have 8 phantom powered pre's on my 896. The Mackie's look cool (800R has variable inpedance switches, DI-ins, 1200F is discussed in another thread), but they come at a cost. I have used Mackie Onyx mixers before, with good experiences, and have used some cheaper focusrite stuff that wasn't so cool. Also if anyone has any other suggestions, post away. [Must have ADAT out]

If you really want to save some money try the Behringers and just use the wordclock from the MOTU (or anything better if you have it) I know it says Behringer on it but it will do a better job than you think it will.

What's wrong with the phantom power on the Octopre? TBH though, I wouldn't get it anyway - they don't have pads, which is a massive pain in the ass if you don't have the right mics