ADAT clocking questions

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Okay, I'm not a total n00b when it comes to ADAT, but I just want to check I understand the principle.

So, with something like a Profire 2626 acting as a standalone converter, you'd connect the Adat Out, to the Adat In of another device (say a Digi192).

You'd then set the Digi's clock to internal, and set the 2626 to clock from the ADAT input right.

Or do you have to use a separate ADAT connection for the clocking, and keeping it separate from the ADAT for the audio?

Got a recording session coming up where I am going to try this, and I really just want to understand the connections and settings I should make. Can anyone explain in plain Engrish please? :worship:

Pretty certain that if you wanted the 192 to function as the master clock you'd need an ADAT cable going from its output to the Profire's ADAT input (or a BNC connection) - that'd my vote, but I doubt you'd sacrifice much just using the Profire as the master, which will definitely work with one ADAT cable

Riiight. So if I wanted to use the 192's analog inputs, and add on 8 more inputs from the 2626; I'd connect an adat cable from the output of the 2626 to the 192, and another one from the output of the 192 to the 2nd input of the 2626... and use the 2nd input on the 2626 to synchronise it to the 192's master clock... and the other ADAT cable would be taking care of the analog to digital audio feeds.

I think that makes sense.