motu 896 mk3 - adat B sync issue

xconnyx

www.iheartsound.com
May 30, 2007
germany/bielefeld
www.iheartsound.com
Hi!

I'm having trouble syncing adat B input on the 896 mk3. The 896 is master sync internal and sends sync via adat to adat A. Everything is fine there. when i connect another adat convert (motu 8 pre) to adat B-in there is an issue with the sync some how.

the interface (8pre) connected to adat B-in on the 896mk3 starts acting weird and starts to send "fzz-fzz-fzz-fzz" sounds on all 8 channels to the 896mk3.

i tried different methods of syncing between all the interfaces and different interfaces as well (focusrite something, motu 8per, even a behringer ada8000 converter) but didn't really change anything. i tried as well to connect the converter connected to adat A in to adat B in and so on... so there is no broken gear, it only happens to adat B in when you have both adat inputs enabled on the 896mk3.... i got no idea why. if you use adat b in with adat a in disabled, adat B in works fine...

the only thing that helped was to set sync input on the 896mk3 driver to adat B, and sync the device connected to adat A via word clock. not really a good way but it was stable.

anybody knows this problem? or another work around?

any help would be appreciated.