'82-'86 LIVE CD's!

Nov 4, 2004
'Dia dhuit' to one an' all,

The absolutely excellent 'Bochum '86' DVD was a revelation to this 'Thrax fan! Had never heard any Live 'Thrax pre the ATL tour.

A question for those in the know--I've read about a live DVD from '84 and another from '86, but,CD-wise,covering the 'Thrax from day-one('82) to the STD Tour...is there any great live shows circulating on CD?? (Fan sharing of course!^ The word 'b**tleg being a taboo!).

I have a live DVD from 84 with Turbin on vocals, audio is good, video is well you can imagine, but still watchable. Im tryig to pinpoint the exact date and venue. I also have one from 85/86 in europe somewhere. It looks like it was filmed in someones basement. Audio and video is quite good. Im always open to trade. Send me a PM

IrelandCalling said:
'Dia dhuit' to one an' all,

The absolutely excellent 'Bochum '86' DVD was a revelation to this 'Thrax fan! Had never heard any Live 'Thrax pre the ATL tour.

A question for those in the know--I've read about a live DVD from '84 and another from '86, but,CD-wise,covering the 'Thrax from day-one('82) to the STD Tour...is there any great live shows circulating on CD?? (Fan sharing of course!^ The word 'b**tleg being a taboo!).

I_am_138 said:
I have a live DVD from 84 with Turbin on vocals, audio is good, video is well you can imagine, but still watchable. Im tryig to pinpoint the exact date and venue. I also have one from 85/86 in europe somewhere. It looks like it was filmed in someones basement. Audio and video is quite good. Im always open to trade. Send me a PM

Is this video in black and white?

the basement looking one from europe..I think it is black and white.

I have not seen either in a while, I will check and let you know. I have no clue on the dates or places either was filmed at. sound is ok, and video quality is ok considering the quality of what recorded it back in the early 80s.

jdelpi said:
Is this video in black and white?

MOMD is the best to watch. but I have like 50 live shows on DVD and there are many better than NFV thats for sure.

among_the_dead said:
the best video to watch is N.F.V. during among the living tour. enough said.

I_am_138 said:
MOMD is the best to watch. but I have like 50 live shows on DVD and there are many better than NFV thats for sure.
Are you saying MOMD is better than N.F.V.?
Wow. Dont know about that. I think you need to watch N.F.V. again to make sure.

Yes MOMD is better than NFV. Better sound, better camera, better vibe. NFV is good, but MOMD is just so much better. My opinion though. Cant wait to see the new DVD with Joey, I just hate old "stereo" VHS bullshit. SOund quality is pure shit.

among_the_dead said:
Are you saying MOMD is better than N.F.V.?
Wow. Dont know about that. I think you need to watch N.F.V. again to make sure.

VHS rules. Hey do you know what show is that were Billy Milano and many other guys come to stage mosh and stage dive during the Gung-Ho?

I_am_138 said:
Yes MOMD is better than NFV. Better sound, better camera, better vibe. NFV is good, but MOMD is just so much better. My opinion though. Cant wait to see the new DVD with Joey, I just hate old "stereo" VHS bullshit. SOund quality is pure shit.
Thats funny becouse my vhs N.F.V. video sounds fuckin killer. Its real tight and the stereo sound is laud as fuck with deafening bass. Its sounds better than alot of my dvd's.

Just my opinion. N.F.V is a great show I agree. I prefer MOMD. I also prefer Download over MOMD, ANyway, they all are great, I just have my prefeence. Any show from Anthrax is a great show, how about that.

among_the_dead said:
plus it's from 1987. A historical time in Anthrax's career. I just dont see how you think MOMD is better. there is no comparing the 2.