8505/7170 crashing in every host?

kezspez

Oct 10, 2007
I noted a couple of other people suffering from this. I have a quadcore cpu so its not exactly old and crumbling :S any insight on how to fix this?! I really want to try these plugs out :(

FWIW I am running SX3

cheers all!
Kez

I contacted Steinburg in reference to all of Nick's VST amp sims crashing Cubase LE4 on my vista system, they really didn't give me much in the way of help. I ended up just installing Reaper for now, or just running my amp direct into my interface. I also shot Nick an email, he said he's pretty busy right now but will look into it when he can. Sorry for the lack of help dude. :erk: It kind of sucks. I never had any problems with XP, Vista is the devil.

I have the same problem: both 7170 and 8505 plug-ins don't work with Windows Vista and Cubase SX 3. They made Cubase to crash on startup.

Me too. I'm running Vista an Cubase SX 3 and it crashes on startup with both the regular and non-SSE versions.

Yeah thats exactly my problem, nuendo and SX 3 crash on startup when locating vsts (also on vista) :/

What I can't bend my head round is how it works fine in Reaper o_O

I guess i'll just track in cubase and mix in Reaper... seems a bit long winded though.

Yeah thats exactly my problem, nuendo and SX 3 crash on startup when locating vsts (also on vista) :/

What I can't bend my head round is how it works fine in Reaper o_O

I guess i'll just track in cubase and mix in Reaper... seems a bit long winded though.

Nuendo or Cubase crash when loading ANY VST's, or just the amp sims in question?

The only plugins that haven't worked in Vista for me have been these amp sims.

If you have UAC turned off, try turning it back on and see if they will load then.

Nuendo or Cubase crash when loading ANY VST's, or just the amp sims in question?

The only plugins that haven't worked in Vista for me have been these amp sims.

If you have UAC turned off, try turning it back on and see if they will load then.

My Cubase SX 3 crashes on startup when loading ONLY the amp sims plug-in in question.

P.S.
What's UAC?

OK, that's what's happening to me, too. Just these amps sims. When the program is loading, it'll show one of these amp sims loading up during startup and that's when it''ll crash.

UAC (user account control) is something everyone told me to turn off as it's was part of microsoft's "evil plan". However, some of my plugins wouldn't work, notably those I'd downloaded from the net, regardless of if they were free or purchased (aptrigga, the antress stuff, etc.). Turning UAC back on, and they work fine - which is the opposite of what I was told. With UAC on, you get the annoying prompts when you attempt to install any new programs, but IMO it's not an issue if everything works fine otherwise.

If you don't know what UAC is/was, I'd imagine you didn't have it turned off. And, since I'm experiencing the same issue in regards to these amp sims specifically, it probably doesn't help you much. I was thinking that ANY plugins were causing your crash, NOT these particular amp sims.