First mix in a long time (unfinished instrumental)

I've posted two of my mixes prior to this since I've joined the forum. I've made a shit ton of improvements thanks to you guys.

The band was on a super tight budget and I did the best with what I had.

Guitars were tracked with some shitty jackson with old strings :/ and I went with 8505/7170 blend. First time blending and I fucking can't ever get a good tone from a sim for the life of me... Had that whole lead guitar player is better than the other guitar player talk and ended up not working out. 70/30 with the better guitar player tracking. Oh well...

Bass was DI. Mid-grade Ibanez with new strings. That TSE BOD plugin fucking rules.

Drums were tracked and sampled in a chapel. Backed up with a little Slate and Bricasti on the OHs for shine. Liked how that turned out.

I just need to work on my workflow speed and dump my bx5s, treat my room...

Did the best I could with all free plugs so yeah... Vocals and fx will be added later. Automation is still being worked on. Same with slipping the DIs.

I tried my hardest to steer away from the typical production these types of bands go for... So Please let me know what you think and please tell me what I could improve

Much appreciated guys :wave:

(the clipping and small artifacts will be taken care of too, I rushed exporting lol)

Last edited by a moderator: