a black advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonnderXxX

New Metal Member
Sep 10, 2006
Black Athletes triumph by toiling intensely at those games where they tend to enjoy not just cultural, but also physical and mental edges over whites. This suggests a new, pragmatic view of racial differences.
http://www.isteve.com/blackath.htm

What are your views on this? Although I have long noticed a black advantage in many sports such as american football due to muscle mass/bone density, i fail to see where the author gets at by saying negroids hold a mental advantage. In fact, if anything i would think the opposite is true. The author is clearly biassed and a negroid himself.

hasn't the concept of race itself been dismissed by all but the most bone-headed of anthropologists and biologists

Yes, this is a Negroid if ever there was one.

Steve_Sailer_-_small_-_72_dpi_-_jpeg.JPG

PonnderXxX said:
http://www.isteve.com/blackath.htm

What are your views on this? Although I have long noticed a black advantage in many sports such as american football due to muscle mass/bone density, i fail to see where the author gets at by saying negroids hold a mental advantage. In fact, if anything i would think the opposite is true. The author is clearly biassed and a negroid himself.

This is a rather ridiculous thread, but, it does seem persons of a West African origin from a genetic perspective, are the world's best athletes. And I've yet to hear convincing evidence of why this is not true.

As for the mental aspect, I think thats a huge leap and claim to make. Especially as the real-world evidence doesnt back it up, nor do I think such evidenc could ever be found.

The mental element isn't so far fetched. One could argue that many sports, especially football, are like hunting, an activity at which genetically africans are always going to have greater physical and mental attributes than earlier food-producing nations. Why is that such a huge leap? I don't think the statement is meant to imply the blacks have a mental edge overall. I'm also not one to believe that there's one mental statistic to judge everyone (the IQ) at all activities. Different activities use different parts of the brain - thinking, receiving and processing sensory information, sleeping, the brain is always active so we can't give an estimation of one person's mental faculties based on tests of logic, let alone that of an entire race.

I think it's crap -_- No one, no matter what race, has any advantage physically or mentally, not in general at least, it all comes down to an individual level.

Sacred Profane said:
I think it's crap -_- No one, no matter what race, has any advantage physically or mentally, not in general at least, it all comes down to an individual level.

Even a casual glance at the profound differences between civilizations created, settled and maintained by various peoples of the world would suggest that the statement above is patently false.

OldScratch said:
Even a casual glance at the profound differences between civilizations created, settled and maintained by various peoples of the world would suggest that the statement above is patently false.

No kidding! Most of the people in this thread are bleating delusional rhetoric repeated from television screens.

Note that black athletes, while excellent in some areas, have far from achieved dominance. I seem to recall the Greeks kicking some USA-African ass recently in basketball (go Greece!).

Furthermore, one might conclude blacks are total failures in athletics if one looks at swimming.

The intelligent perspective is that different races have evolved for different things. And no, race has not been rejected by anywhere near all credible scientists, LOL!

infoterror said:
And no, race has not been rejected by anywhere near all credible scientists, LOL!

I'm pretty sure anthropologists have near-universally moved to using ethnicity rather than race--acknowledging the impact of geography, culture etc. on a person's development--and biologists/population geneticists have moved to using clines to explain why the homogeneousness of certain phenotypes (skin colour, for example) within certain population groups can create the illusion of different races.

Of course this isn't universal, but there are very, very few things in science which are :)

DE said:
I'm pretty sure anthropologists have near-universally moved to using ethnicity rather than race--acknowledging the impact of geography, culture etc. on a person's development--and biologists/population geneticists have moved to using clines to explain why the homogeneousness of certain phenotypes (skin colour, for example) within certain population groups can create the illusion of different races.

Of course this isn't universal, but there are very, very few things in science which are :)

Because you say so? It seems to me that this, like many things, is a media myth.

Why do you parrot obvious propaganda?

infoterror said:
Because you say so? It seems to me that this, like many things, is a media myth.

Why do you parrot obvious propaganda?

"I can't counter your perfectly valid points so you must be a media shill"? :confused:

Could it be because during the times of slavery the strong were bred and the weak werent? Thats what I was told by a history professor here in Richmond VA.

Hawng said:
Could it be because during the times of slavery the strong were bred and the weak werent? Thats what I was told by a history professor here in Richmond VA.

Apart from the fact that not all blacks are descended from slaves and not all blacks are physically strong and there is no evidence that the group we typically call blacks are in any way more genetically predisposed to being strong, yeah!

Your history professor needs fucking shooting.

DE said:
Apart from the fact that not all blacks are descended from slaves and not all blacks are physically strong and there is no evidence that the group we typically call blacks are in any way more genetically predisposed to being strong, yeah!

Your history professor needs fucking shooting.
While it couldnt apply to all blacks. It would make sence that it would apply to some.

We were discussing it over a big fat joint, so yes his credibility is shot.

Hawng said:
While it couldnt apply to all blacks. It would make sence that it would apply to some.

Not really, and even if it could the changes have probably been eradicated by subsequent interbreeding and the stopping of selective breeding--if it even happened, which I can find no evidence of.

Hawng said:
We were discussing it over a big fat joint, so yes his credibility is shot.

stoner pseudo-philosophy is cool man

what if, like, what colour you see the sky as isn't what colour as see the sky as, man?!

Status
Not open for further replies.