A breif guide to Mead!

Its sad really, Brewing alcohol at home is very out of practise in my country (England) People seam to think of it as making moonshine with drain cleaner :p

You're in England?
Damn you should have the easiest access to malt (e.g. Maris Otter) and hops (e.g. Goldings and Fuggles) than anyone.

Is there nobody that sells to homebrewers really?

I'd check this forum:
http://www.ratebeer.com/Forums/Forum-3.htm

Mainly American homebrewers on there, but I'm sure there are English ones as well.

Or sheck with CAMRA, they should know who sells on smaller scale to homebrewers too.

You're in England?
Damn you should have the easiest access to malt (e.g. Maris Otter) and hops (e.g. Goldings and Fuggles) than anyone.

Is there nobody that sells to homebrewers really?

I'd check this forum:
http://www.ratebeer.com/Forums/Forum-3.htm

Mainly American homebrewers on there, but I'm sure there are English ones as well.

Or sheck with CAMRA, they should know who sells on smaller scale to homebrewers too.

There are the few shops, but they are only in either incredibly small towns or incredibly big citys. It shall be looking around for some Hops and malt, Any tips for brewing beer?

There are the few shops, but they are only in either incredibly small towns or incredibly big citys. It shall be looking around for some Hops and malt, Any tips for brewing beer?

For brewing tips, Gnoff's your man!

In terms of sourcing, I'd check for reviews of products on brewer forums and buy them online if you can't visit a local brewer supply shop. But a homebrewer friend swears by getting face to face advice from a good seller.

I've only ever tried homebrewed beer once.....it was the guy's first time doing it, and needless to say, it was quite awful.

I've only ever tried homebrewed beer once.....it was the guy's first time doing it, and needless to say, it was quite awful.

I did it a couple of times. I have to say I was baffled how one bottle could be OKish (well, taste like beer at least) and another taste completely spoiled- This beer recipe asked to add sugar for a second fermentation inside the bottle, and I wasn't measuring too accurately (well, actually, not measuring at all ) so I'm guessing that's what happened.
:D

Fortunately the only people I shared it with weren't too fussy, it was alcohol, so it did the trick.

I did it a couple of times. I have to say I was baffled how one bottle could be OKish (well, taste like beer at least) and another taste completely spoiled- This beer recipe asked to add sugar for a second fermentation inside the bottle, and I wasn't measuring too accurately (well, actually, not measuring at all ) so I'm guessing that's what happened.
:D

Fortunately the only people I shared it with weren't too fussy, it was alcohol, so it did the trick.

It all depends what you're brewing it for, Alcohol or Flavour!

Oh I've tasted plenty of hasty homebrews, but I've also tasted some that outshine most other beers in the world I've tasted.

It's like cooking or baking, if you know how to do it, you can create some really amazing stuff.

It's not like the commercial breweries have big secrets stored away :D

Oh I've tasted plenty of hasty homebrews, but I've also tasted some that outshine most other beers in the world I've tasted.

It's like cooking or baking, if you know how to do it, you can create some really amazing stuff.

Is there some king of trick to making a good brew?

Haha well damn, sounds like I'm missing out!

What about a gallon jug like in the video?

Yes. Had some problems to find one, seems they prefer to sell "normal bottles", but now I've got one like in the video filled with water. Was quite heavy to carry it on my way home! Now I have to wait for the right moment to start my first brewing. What I like: I've got pretty much honey from my old neighbour of my childhood. He was and is a beemaster. So I guess, my mead will be the best! :)
Btw, bees are awesome, aren't they?

Yes. Had some problems to find one, seems they prefer to sell "normal bottles", but now I've got one like in the video filled with water. Was quite heavy to carry it on my way home! Now I have to wait for the right moment to start my first brewing. What I like: I've got pretty much honey from my old neighbour of my childhood. He was and is a beemaster. So I guess, my mead will be the best! :)
Btw, bees are awesome, aren't they?

Yes! I love set honey on toast! Bees are so awesome!