A Collection of Worlds II

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
This is the Unicorn demo Dan holds as a masterpeice and one of his top works. I never really found what he loved about it so much until today. It being old and a production makes it sound less accessible than the two albums, so it took me longer to get into. I used to prefer songs like At The End Of The Bridge and The Sorrow Song (which are still great), but songs like The Dumb, Visage and The Cazrina Of Vermillion (I like this version better). What does everyone else who has had the benefit of Dan's wonderful site think of the Unicorn demos?

I also love the After Before demo of 1992, which doesn't seem to recieve as much respect from Dan... I think it's versions of After Before, Suddenly and The Likes of No One are pretty great.

I can relate, although it was A Collection of Worlds I that struck with me, and yes, it was today, too!

Mr. K Has Left The Circus has been on my playlist all day, and Message From a Distant Sky, and Fly Eagle Fly have gotten a few spins. . . .or clicks. . .or something.

4 of the demos are on the site (swano.com)
- A Collection of Worlds (1988)
- A Collection of Worlds II (1989)
- The Weirdest of Tales (1991)
- After Before (1992)

Am I wrong?

Yeah, I love the old Unicorn stuff too...I emailed Dan about buying the better sounding recordings from him, along with the Nightingale shirt, but he never replied.:( Ah well, he is a very busy man.

EDIT: I spoke too soon! Just got the reply. Thanks, Dan.

Whenever I mentioned wanting to buy things off Dan, my parents bitched about me sending money in the mail and stuff. I keep telling them that a lot of people do it, but they don't listen :(

I recently got all those Unicorn-records, partly from the site, partly from Dan. I am still not finished listening all those christmas-presents, but right now I am stuck with After Before and the Unplugged-Sessions. It´s just awesome. Also after a while you realize that those "easy" sounding songs are not as easy to write (I don´t mean it´s stress but I think you know what I mean) as they sound... they are so light and deep at the same time.
"Never Gonna Run" is such great song! :dopey:

IAmEternal: I have to say for your support, I keep sending money (though never really_high_sums), CDs and stuff through the world history all the time, and it never was any problem. Of course you have to pack it well, but then it seems to work.

Akronaes said:
What about a money order?

thanks fireangel, and Akronaes... I don't know anything about those, how they work or anything. plus right now i don't HAVE any money, just bought Opeth tickets for next tuesday, and their dvd comes out the same day :D

why won't Dan answer my second question? :p
i know he's a busy guy, he can take his time

IAmEternal said:
why won't Dan answer my second question? :p
i know he's a busy guy, he can take his time
I, too, would appreciate having lyrics of all those, I think they could be in the official CDs, but I dunno about the other stuff.

A reason why he probably has not answered yet could_be, that the lyrics are not available in printed form, only on random pieces of paper, like it was long time for the Nightingale-Records. But I am just assuming, I don´t know for sure...