Exhibition of Souls
Visage

After Before ,Demo [1992]
Liquefy
Suddenly
The likes of noone
When the world came watching
After before

Yes, I've got most of those, thanks to Tumn. The Likes of No One demo is aweeeeeeeeeeeesome

The studio albums can be got through Dan or lasercd.com or theendrecords.com, usually somebody's got 'em :)

Grunthor said:
I have a question. Does anybody listened to :

Tunes for the Stork ,Private recording [1989]
Yellow and Greg
Onlie the carrot
Exhibition of Souls
Visage

After Before ,Demo [1992]
Liquefy
Suddenly
The likes of noone
When the world came watching
After before

The demo version of "Suddenly" is also pretty great, there's this one part, where the harmony is different to the "Emotional Wasteland"-version.
The "Tunes for the stork"-recording wasn't released by Dan, he said that it was pretty bad, but I see there's a song I don't know from the other demos. "Onlie the carrot"
I'd like to know more.

Onlie the Carrot is a sack of vomit. A total nonsense track when we chew on carrots and play on our homemade instrument "Quintar". The sound is shit. We had no reverb unit at the time and the snare drum is boomy and boinky, 1000 worse than old Anthrax records. All versions there are horrifying, I never even bothered to keep a copy for myself. I thought I found one on reel to reel tape when I did swano.com but it was something else on the tape...I guess I even erased the master!!!! We made sure the songs got the treatment they deserved on Collection part II!!!!

Suddenly and The likes...are good demoversions. Liquefy is cool too..the albumversion is is so bad it´s scary.... :)

:lol: I kind of like the demo for Likes of No One more than the album version... it's that harmonic echo at the end of each verse that does it for me... so great

Dan Swanö said:
Onlie the Carrot is a sack of vomit. A total nonsense track when we chew on carrots and play on our homemade instrument "Quintar". The sound is shit. We had no reverb unit at the time and the snare drum is boomy and boinky, 1000 worse than old Anthrax records. All versions there are horrifying, I never even bothered to keep a copy for myself. I thought I found one on reel to reel tape when I did swano.com but it was something else on the tape...I guess I even erased the master!!!! We made sure the songs got the treatment they deserved on Collection part II!!!!

Suddenly and The likes...are good demoversions. Liquefy is cool too..the albumversion is is so bad it´s scary.... :)

Thank you Dan! Do you prefer the "and the world will always stay calm" part from the Demo or from EW?

You had homemade instruments? That's a strange story with the carrots.

Unicorn said:
Thank you Dan! Do you prefer the "and the world will always stay calm" part from the Demo or from EW?

You had homemade instruments? That's a strange story with the carrots.

I just listened to each section about 4 times each. I'm indifferent. Normally I'd have an opinion on an issue like this, so I'm a bit surprised that I don't this time.

I was always able to find many things to like about the album versions of Unicorn demo songs, however much I might prefer the demos.

I'm actually staring at Emotional Wasteland and Ever Since right now, I just opened the box about 30 minutes ago, it came today in the mail courtesy of my good friends at Sensory (lasercd). I also have 17 other albums, too. Man, their clearance section is AWESOME!! This is what I picked up:

Annon Vin - A New Gate - $4
Chinchilla - Madness - $2.50
Dali's Dilemma - Manifesto For Futurism $14
Domine - Dragonlord - $3
Eidolon - Nightmare World - $3
Freternia - A Nightmare Story - $5
Highlord - Medusa's Coil - $5
Karma - Inside The Eyes - $4
Lake Of Tears - Forever Autumn - $5
Last Chapter - Paths To Always - $7
Maeve Of Connacht - Imaginary Tales - $9
NovAct - Tales From The Soul - $13
Pathos - Katharsis - $6
Raintime - Tales From Sadness - $5
Reptilian - Demon Wings (EP) - $3
Sinisthra - Last Of The Stories Of Long Lost Glories - $5
Thalion - Another Sun - $5
Unicorn - Emotional Wasteland - $17
Unicorn - Ever Since - $17

God, I'm an addict. Anyway, back on topic, when I bought Nightfall Overture from Dan about a year ago I asked him for an MP3 CD with all the Unicorn stuff on it. He kindly obliged. Now, I wouldn't go asking him for the same thing, it took a while for him to get to it because he's a busy dude, but I do suggest everyone try and convince him to start selling an MP3 CD of those tracks. They need to be heard!

The CD included:

A Collection Of Worlds I
A Collection Of Worlds II
After Before
Emotional Wasteland
Ever Since
The Weirdest Of Tales

There it is. That's your mission. GO!!

Eyesore said:
I'm actually staring at Emotional Wasteland and Ever Since right now, I just opened the box about 30 minutes ago, it came today in the mail courtesy of my good friends at Sensory (lasercd). I also have 17 other albums, too. Man, their clearance section is AWESOME!! This is what I picked up:

Dali's Dilemma - Manifesto For Futurism $14
Lake Of Tears - Forever Autumn - $5
NovAct - Tales From The Soul - $13
Unicorn - Emotional Wasteland - $17
Unicorn - Ever Since - $17
WOW great picks! especially these ^

and yeah, that clearance section RULES. That's where I got my copies of Unicorn CD's and completed my Nightingale collection :)

Metal88 said:
I just listened to each section about 4 times each. I'm indifferent. Normally I'd have an opinion on an issue like this, so I'm a bit surprised that I don't this time.

Hehe...
Normally I like the version I heard first more, that would be the one from "Emotional Wasteland", but I prefer the part from the demo-version because it has more charme and sounds more sad.

Kenneth R. said:
WOW great picks! especially these ^

and yeah, that clearance section RULES. That's where I got my copies of Unicorn CD's and completed my Nightingale collection :)
I just discovered that section a few weeks ago. My first order was the following:

Behind The Curtain - Till Birth Do Is Part for $4
Dark Moor - From Hell (CD single w/2 Non-LP Tracks) for $2.50
Dark Moor - The Gates Of Oblivion for $5
Dreamaker - Human Device for $5
Fairyland - Of Wars In Osyrhia for $5
Fifth Reason - Within Or Without for $6
Prototype - Trinity for $6

Great deals. This time I went a bit overboard with expensive CDs! Haha. I usually average $5 a CD, but I just paid off the credit card, so I splurged a bit. =)