A day to remember - Common Courtesy

xthecavemanx

Jan 20, 2011
Puerto Rico
Wondering if anyone listened to this album and what you guys think of the production. Sounds huge. In my opinion it's their best sounding album to date.

I love it. Ken Andrews rules and I love how gung-ho he is about being 100% ITB. His work on the latest Paramore is insane, too. I'm pretty sure that's why he got the ADTR gig, seeing as Chad helped write/produce the ADTR record and he's dating Hayley.

Musically they got much NFG-er still retaining their own attitude and style and I like it a lot. Soundwise it's really punchy and to me it sounds much better than the previous works. I've heard a lot of bashing on the mix though, no idea why. But I think it's the production, arrangement and things like those "studio chatter" parts are really what makes it so great.

I noticed that the mix sounds a shit-ton better on my crappy in ear headphones than my monitors. Probably because it's super mid-heavy and most cheap headphones are very scooped.

great mix. the low end is really clean and punchy and it has just the right amount of brightness. and i didnt hate the music nearly as much as i thought i would. actually not too bad for this style. if this is indeed totally ITB this goes completely in the face of the "you absolutely need high end hardware compressors/EQs/limiters to make a professional sounding/radio ready mix" people.