A Day To Remember Cover-Critiquing Please

i was wondering why the snare sounded 5 times better then everything else haha.

and yeah old adtr is so0o0o0o good, i hate going to their shows now.

I don't how to take this comment haha. So my mix is bad, except for the snare?

my thoughts on the first mix.

the guitar tone is awesome. drums could do with being a little more punchy and up front. the bass will tighten everything up nicely tho with a good compressor.

nice work

my thoughts on the first mix.

the guitar tone is awesome. drums could do with being a little more punchy and up front. the bass will tighten everything up nicely tho with a good compressor.

nice work

thanks a lot man. ive been working on the tone for sometime now. glad people appreciate it.

im usually told my drums need work and i fully agree.

on my second song i have bass if you are willing to tell me how it sounds with the guitars

this last mix is already sounding better then the first one, i guess the drive is still a bit much on guitars though but it might just be me (im listening through headphones) haha

Just zip them, upload them to DropBox and PM me the link once complete. Cheers!

Alright man. I'll do that soon. A little busy right now. Trying out a new song for shits and gigs. Putting all this advice to work. :wave:

Thank man I appreciate it and I feel the guitars are a little over driven as well.

You're cover is awesome! How the hell do you get the acapella? I'm trying to strip the vocals from their songs but I don't know how!:loco:

i Just did like a HP at about 500 and LP at like 3k. that's generally a range eaten up by vocals (in my mixes at least) then i kinda mixed everything around it.

Sounds pretty damn good. I used to use beatcraft and thought it was a pretty good program but since moving to macbook pro i cant use it. Its all Kontakt 4 for me now haha. I'm impressed by the mix though especially the one with the bass.

Sounds pretty damn good. I used to use beatcraft and thought it was a pretty good program but since moving to macbook pro i cant use it. Its all Kontakt 4 for me now haha. I'm impressed by the mix though especially the one with the bass.

Thanks man, I appreciate that :] Always good to see a fellow Beatcraft user, (well ex in your case haha)

i Just did like a HP at about 500 and LP at like 3k. that's generally a range eaten up by vocals (in my mixes at least) then i kinda mixed everything around it.

Thanks for the tip man! I'm gionna give it a try!