A father's proudest moment...

Mar 29, 2004
www.fossilrecords.net
The wife and I brought a new stereo home and set it up in the boy's room today. He's seven years old. Now, the geniuses that my wife and I are, we forgot to bring any CDs home for him to play in his brand new stereo. So I told him he could go down to the studio and pick any CD he wanted to listen to (I have a couple of hundred).

He picked Symphony X's V.

That's my boy... [wipes tear from eye]

:headbang:

Well done...but my boy has been listening to the X since he was 4..... He calls the song "The Odyssey" pirate music (because i made him close his eyes and listen to the intro and asked him what he saw in his head....pirates...close enough, but he still had to be beaten for getting it wrong :) ). Unfortunately he also likes that Kelis song 'Milkshake' so maybe i should be beaten :)

That IS pretty cool. :)

One of my worst fears about having children...that they will end up listening to garbage like Br*tney Spe*rs. EWW. I am glad YOUR kid won't be going that route! ;)

You do realize most children originally like what their parents play because they want to be just like them. Then later they change just to be not like them (At least in my case and a lot of other people I know).

I remember my first album I bought was some Beach Boys stuff. *shudders*