A few pictures...

Jan 3, 2002
Drammen, Norge
Just a few pictures of me taken at Toproom Studio last week :)

20090406_0020copy.jpg

20090406_0021copy.jpg

20090406_0027copy.jpg

20090406_0037copy.jpg

Fuck!!! your bass is ABSOLUTLY amazing!!!!!!!..i´ve never seen anything like this before!.

thanks for the pics...

You look like you're playing salsa! Hehehe just kidding ;) :) . Really great pics, the bass is awesome and the player is awesome too so I can't wait to hear how they sound!!!

Actually, how many of the new basses did you use for this recording? Did you only use the previous one?

I hope the production is as good as in Origin, I had instant tickles in my middle-region when I heard the bass in that album. Now with the new basses, I don't know what will happen, I guess I'll wet my pants har har :lol: . (I'm in an awfully good mood for being so bloody tired and stressed hehe. Oh well one assignment went really good so that's probably why I'm so happy :) .)

One, I only used Tipfy Smurfetar on the album. I also tried a couple of different amps, including an old workhorse of an amp, Ampeg SVT-VR. But I landed on using my Ashdown Labs Superfly, it just sounded sooo much better than the tube driven Ampeg. So I used dual tracks during the recording, the amp through an 8x10 Ampeg cab and the bass directly through a D.I.-box. Very simple, and very effective, sounded very good. Soundwise, we achieved really nice balance between depth and distinction, and I am thouroughly confident that the bass will be heard throughout the album.