a few questions about jeff

QuothTheRaven

I see dumb people
Mar 21, 2002
West Lafayette, IN
Visit site
does anyone know about Loomis's guitar playing history? How long he's been playing etc... Also, is he maybe a music major or at least well educated in music theory? Me and a freind of mine DreamingNeonPurdue on here, have noticed alot of elements in Nevermore's music that would indicate knowledge of music theory (which u usually don't get just by playing) that give us this idea that loomis is like some kind of music major or something, anyone know?

well, he's been playing since he was 12/13 years old.
No classical training but he got into classical music through his dad. He did take lessons though and I heard he'd actually taken a lot of them. He was in this band with Eswan (you know the one who posted the demos..??!!) and I believe the other guitarplayer in that particular band was his teacher. It was a neo-classical kind of thing for those who never heard the music.
I also heard of Eswan he was giving lessons since his 17/18th .
He has a perfect pitch and can play whatever he hears in his head...
In an interview he said he was the kind of nerd that was constantly playing the guitar in his room...
and to complete the stuff somehow, Jason Becker is his alltime favourite guitarplayer....

DAMN!!! I started playing at 14... i 'll never be that good! :pp

when i saw them live, i persoanally asked him if he is self taught and he said yes, he never took lessons, and he just played and played and played until he got so good