Votes: 5 71.4%
  • a bad copy of radiohead/...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gdc

Darkness.Eternal.Suffer
Jun 23, 2001
www.gdcelewijt.easynet.be
I´ve heard 3 songs of the new album and they all suck!
Pop/Rock in the style of Radiohead and other rock bands,
I couldn´t believe what I heard. :confused:
But that´s just my opinion!!

What's wrong or "pop" about Radiohead ? (except the first album) This poll is more like a cry of frustration...

-----------------------------------
NP: Univers Zero - UZED

It´s not about Radiohead it´s about Anathema that´s become a pop/rock band! And yeah I´m frustrated that a briljiant band like Anathema envolved in a mainstream pop/rock band, good for them I suppose...

Cheers

This is bullshit guys, the new album is great, yes it is not Doom Metal anymore but who cares? A Fine Day To Exit is the logical step after Judgement. Anathema is still Anathema but there's some new influences in their music (Radiohead, Tool, Jeff Buckley). So don't panic...

I think that if Judgement was continued Eternity, A Fine Day to Exit is continued Alternative 4.... In a way of making songs, more relaxed you know.

I have listened to A Fine Day just once on a burned CD and I WILL buy an original CD.

I can understand their way of creating songs on every album, maybe because I am also a musician myself.

I can understand that they changed after all those years, and I think Alternative 4 is one of their best but this new album is just a bad copy of bands like radiohead.:D

I think the problem with A Fine Day is that Anathema for the 1st time wanted/tried to sound like some other band, not like themselves, and that's why I always have that strange feeling like not listening to Anathema while listening to this album.
Alienation of their sound this is....

My favorite track is Barriers, maybe because Danny sang on it:) and it is closest-to-Judgement...

Originally posted by Gdc
I can understand that they changed after all those years, and I think Alternative 4 is one of their best but this new album is just a bad copy of bands like radiohead.:D

This guy (30 or 40 yrs old, never heard anathema) came to my friend's house and alternative 4 was playing in the stereo. He listened to it and asked her "What is this, Pink Floyd?"

I think it's a great album, but it's a bad copy of Pink Floyd. (and there is no such thing as a good copy, right?)

If you forget that anathema was once doom etc. maybe you will like the album no matter what.

I think the problem with A Fine Day is that Anathema for the 1st time wanted/tried to sound like some other band, not like themselves, and that's why I always have that strange feeling like not listening to Anathema while listening to this album.

This is not true, A4 is a Pink Floyd ripoff.

Originally posted by 403

This guy (30 or 40 yrs old, never heard anathema) came to my friend's house and alternative 4 was playing in the stereo. He listened to it and asked her "What is this, Pink Floyd?"

I think it's a great album, but it's a bad copy of Pink Floyd. (and there is no such thing as a good copy, right?)

If you forget that anathema was once doom etc. maybe you will like the album no matter what.

A4 is a Pink Floyd ripoff.

Right, and Pink Floyd are a Beatles-ripoff.

Anathema are infamous for their too obvious influences (it's like 40% Floyd, 20% Radiohead and 20% Jeff Buckley), but they combine these influences with their own feeling (the remaining 20%) and the result is rather unique. A bad copy is when the copycat does everything worse than the original (Lacrimas Profundere comes to mind :( ), but Anathema does a few things better than their influence bands.

D Mullholand
----------------------
NP: Katatonia - Tonight's Decision

Mmmh..... I'm still dubious of the new Anathema album.. It's reaaly nice, but too soft for my taste. I don't care about "not metal" infuence, but look at the care they took in making it, the fabulous artwork, the greath sounds, the lyrics, the songs... it is not a commercial album, and MILES above the pop-rock bands... Another great album?

Now Playing : Carcass- Rot and Roll :headbang:

Attachments

• cover10.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 2
Originally posted by D Mullholand

Right, and Pink Floyd are a Beatles-ripoff.

Anathema are infamous for their too obvious influences (it's like 40% Floyd, 20% Radiohead and 20% Jeff Buckley), but they combine these influences with their own feeling (the remaining 20%) and the result is rather unique. A bad copy is when the copycat does everything worse than the original (Lacrimas Profundere comes to mind :( ), but Anathema does a few things better than their influence bands.

Every copy is a bad copy, right (I mean just because it's a copy)? OK, I do agree that they are not some low rate band stealing everything and presenting it as their own but still... that guy really thought it was PF playing in the stereo.

I heard the whole album on a radio station here in Chile and it was very disapointing, I really love the last one (Judgement) and somehow I knew that the next album has to be more soft and experimental and it was, well another band that's going to go to oblivion because only metalheads listen to them and without metal guys they're gonna go down

:( :( :(