A firwt attempt with Revalver MkIII - feedback appreciated!!

Nov 6, 2002
Ireland
Visit site
Ok, I've played around with Revalver a little since I've gotten it, and so far this is the best sounding tone I've come up with. Please be warned; I just threw this together to test the tone, it's not a proper song (and the drums and playing re pretty basic!... please forgive that!).

I've been listening so much to this tone, I can't tell anymore if it's crap or good. If I compare to some of my fave cds it doesn't sound so good... but then if I listen to it more in it's own right, it sounds better than stuff I did with the POD...

Any feedback or advice is MUCh appreciated as I'm really new to all this. If it sounds bad to you, let me have it and be honest, I just want to learn how to make it sound better!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=889569

Doh... just realised I made a really silly mistake when bouncing that one :loco:

If you can spot it, then you get a free milky-way...

You will also notice the guitar sound drops out a bit at some points - that's the Voxengo Elephant demo playing up (I think). Gotta get the full Elephant... it's pretty cool.

Doh... just realised I made a really silly mistake when bouncing that one :loco:

If you can spot it, then you get a free milky-way...

You will also notice the guitar sound drops out a bit at some points - that's the Voxengo Elephant demo playing up (I think). Gotta get the full Elephant... it's pretty cool.

Nice click track, DO I GET THE MILKY WAY?!?!? DO I???+ ;)

I'm only listening on computer speakers, but it sounds a bit undergained and needs more low-mid growl. Guitars also have a weird phasey sound to them. Not a bad starting point, though.

Edit: I' referring to the 6505 clip.

Hey Brett, thanks for that! That's the kind of advice I need...

Yeah, the 6505 clips were done before I got a proper preamp... I think I just had the guitar plugged directly into the Mac's input!

Now I have my Apogee Duet, and it sounds much brighter. The XXX tones were done using the Duet.

When it comes to mid-growl, do you think I can do this by increasing the volume of frequencys around 1000hz?