A good mixing plug-in?

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
I would like to know if there is any good mixing plugins? I heard about waves SSL but i just dont have cash for that, tho i would like a good mixing plug in? Im looking for something with good plugins using less CPU power if possible within a $300 price range. I have learned that things arent cheap and you get what you pay for but something that could make things a little fuller if you know what i mean? EQing helps but i feel like i could use more. Thanks :kickass:

Could you be a bit more specific? dDo you want an Eq plugin? Or a compressor? Or package that includes a lot of different plugins that's useful when it comes to mixing?

Could you be a bit more specific? dDo you want an Eq plugin? Or a compressor? Or package that includes a lot of different plugins that's useful when it comes to mixing?
Im looking for a full package of mixing plugins.

Im looking for a full package of mixing plugins.

Hmm, ofcourse not only EQing makes a killer track, just as important things are dynamics, delay, reverb etc. You could be more specific, since there are many many different kind of bundles. As mentioned above, musicians (II?) bundle of waves would be cool, I like the R-comp, the renEQ is also nice. With that price range you could also buy a bunch of Voxengo plugins. Don´t be confused of the price or the looks of Voxengo plugins, they´re great. The only limitation in the evaluation Voxengo plugins is a short noise thingy every 45 secs or something like that. Also, check out the Kjaerhus Classic plugins, they´re free.

It´s hard to answer because I really don´t know what you´re looking exactly. When dealing with metal you´re going to need something to sample your drums with. Aptrigga would be the tool for that. It´s cheap and works like a dream.

I own drumagog for drum sampling. Im just looking for a few extra plugins to add to the mix of things. You know? I have just recently learned how to seperate the mix of instruments by using the eq. Im just looking to make things a little fuller and stand out more.

. When dealing with metal you´re going to need something to sample your drums with. Aptrigga would be the tool for that. It´s cheap and works like a dream.

why...not all engineers sample drums....personally i think using sampled drums should be the last thing you resort to when cannot for any reason get a good mic'd acoustic drum sound

yea you are being really vague here. there are a ton of things that could make your mixes fuller and stand out. EQ is the place to start, the compression, and delay, and reverb and so on. Definitly check out the Waves stuff. And if you aren't anti pirated software you can find a lot of bundles online for download (sorry if i pissed any of you off).