A Great Song with "meh" production

The Unavoidable

jättebög
May 27, 2008
Umeå, Sweden
People are always talking about how songwriting -> slick production, so let's see it! Dig the awesome song, beyond the lameness of the production.

It's is a tune from my band Amoral Gathering, from a 4-song demo I did by myself about 9 months ago, that evolved into what is coming together as a band today.

Me on everything! guitars and bass were my old Vox Tonelab (which I regret selling now!) and drums were pasted together with EZD and samples. Vox was a Studio Projects B1 into my Inspire.

Rock the fudge on

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=842017&songID=7235767

Hah, thanks guys! I was actually very close to not uploading that clip at all becuse I though it sounded so lame! I'm really glad you liked it! Any comments on the song itself?

i think most of the cds i have bought recently have been due to production. there aren't that many metal bands in this decade, for me, that i could listen to without the handicap of amazing production.

the only bands i could say are pure goodness despite awesome production - opeth, lamb of god, arch enemy, protest the hero. don't really dig anything else from a songwriting level. there are probably more but i can't think.

these are my tastes more i'm sure someone will pull our some underground Norwegian band out of the woodwork.

edit: coool song man i like it a lot

Cool man, glad to hear it! And yeah I agree. Production has become a "must have" in a good album these days, anything that gets released with "sub-par" production is often dissmissed becuse of it.