A guitar that was eaten

Carline

Sep 28, 2004
Hønefoss/Norway
Anyone who can give me some advice on how to repair a guitar.?
It`s a kid(classical)guitar..
You see my daughter(2 years) was "playing" on her guitar, when she decided that she was a bit hungry and then took a bite of the guitar.. Haha.. `
It`s allmost a hole through..
Bah.. I probably buy her a new one..

Carline said:
Anyone who can give me some advice on how to repair a guitar.?
It`s a kid(classical)guitar..
You see my daughter(2 years) was "playing" on her guitar, when she decided that she was a bit hungry and then took a bite of the guitar.. Haha.. `
It`s allmost a hole through..
Bah.. I probably buy her a new one..
Hey Carline,
thats awesome that your 2 yr old is already exposed to music. Let us know how it comes along.
Take care, Chris.

From the sound of it, you may just be better off buying a new one. If it's a guitar that's designed for a kid, I can't imagine the quality is going to be all that great and the repair work may end up costing more than the guitar is worth.

My Gibson Flying V's headstock cracked after I dropped it a couple of years ago. I had paid $1,700 for the guitar and the repair was $200. So that one was worth fixing...

I was thinking of repairing it myself.. But I have decided to buy her a new one when she gets a bit older.
That kid guitar cost 199 NKR, in dollars I think it`s like 28.. Not sure..

Here`s a new one..

charmic5sj.jpg

We have a few hours everyday just for music, dancing, singing, playing different instruments. It`s so fun to see how fast a child does learn things that`s fun. And with music the kid gets calmer.
Oh and yeah I`m damn proud of her and that she loves music.
It`s so cool see her rock to metal.. Haha.. So sweet to see her headbang.

And her fav guitar player is actually Chris Broderick.

The_Children_of_Decadence said:
...maybe he would be a new Tore Ostby. Any famous Norwegian Guitarists?

We have Øystein Sunde, he`s a really good guitarist and he makes very funny songs.. He`s known for his tonguetwist(sings very fast) and the same with the guitar.
And of course my uncle, well he`s not as known as Sunde or others. If I don`t remember all wrong, his band toured in germany and scandinavian around 1960 - 1970, but now he`s just a "local-celebrity".

There are probably many more but they haven`t impressed me, so I don`t know their names..

Anyway..
It`s a she (very important) :tickled: