A Hit & a Miss

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
What am I talking about?
Well, today I picked up the latest disc by the band Racer X.
Great, great band. A supergroup that became a supergroup after the split! Anyway, their latest is called "Getting Heavier." And they really have. They are more traditional metal that they were on their last two releases. If you like Priest this one will wind you watch! That little pansey Paul Gilbert can really "rock" unlike the "fluff" that he released in the Mr. Big days...:p
Check this one out!
As I mentioned, this is Hit & Miss & since obviously Racer X is the hit, we move on to the once mighty David Lee Roth.
His newly released Diamond Dave. What a mish mash of
uninspired "lounge rock" this is. To start off with there's 7 covers out of 15 tracks, out of the 8 remianing tracks one is Dave mumbling like a mental patient & one with old Dave playing harp...
There's at least two "good" tracks on here, but nothing is very memorable. Just when you thought DLR had picked himself up from the gutter, he "slam dunks" himself right back into the abyss. I know most people like Roth a lot better than Hagar in Van Halen. Sammy has an egde. Hagar was a solo artist & had no trouble with the transition back to solo artist. Diamond Dave has gone from Diamond to pebble. I really, really had high hopes for this one. Let me put it to you this way. This disc makes "You Filthy Little Mouth" sound like classic Van Halen....:erk:

From the interviews I've seen of DLR in the past couple years, the only thing keeping him from actually being a mental patient is the money he made from his Van Halen years. If someone who didn't have his money acted like he does, they'd be locked up, or at the very least a good candidate for SSI... But I gotta admit, he can still move! :D

duckattack said:
From the interviews I've seen of DLR in the past couple years, the only thing keeping him from actually being a mental patient is the money he made from his Van Halen years. If someone who didn't have his money acted like he does, they'd be locked up, or at the very least a good candidate for SSI... But I gotta admit, he can still move! :D

Great post! Very entertaining, more than this damn cd!