Van Halen to tour in 2007!?!

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
VAN HALEN To Tour With Original Frontman DAVID LEE ROTH In 2007
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 09:16:36

MelodicRock.com has issued the following report:

"No more teasing. Never tease where VAN HALEN is concerned... I have information from a highly placed source that Van Halen will likely tour in 2007 with DAVID LEE ROTH as frontman.

Negotiations are currently underway to re-unite Van Halen with their original frontman for a tour in 2007 that will take in Amercia and possibly other territories. While nothing in the world of Van Halen is set until the band walk out on stage, I can confirm that negotiations between all parties have been underway for some time, trying to put together a big 2007 reunion tour.

One would presume the tour will feature classic VH era songs only. What I do not yet know is whether this plan includes exiled bass player Michael Anthony. Perhaps Wolfgang will play bass? I'm told these questions will be answered shortly.

Van Halen last toured in 2004 with SAMMY HAGAR, but the tour ended on a sour note and Hagar has not talked to Eddie Van Halen since.

What I also know is that there will be no new Van Halen release to go with the tour, such as The Best Of Both World's in 2004. There is no plans for a new compilation or a new studio album - just the tour.

More details when available."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure if this is good news or not. Between Dave and Eddie it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. They better get Michael Anthony back for this. They need to have his background vocals.

Absolutely true!! Not to mention it still won't be a complete "Reunion" if he doesn't play...With all the money that should be involved you'd think he will..
But who knows... Thanks for the potentially great news!!! I'm a big classic VH fan!!!:kickass:

SavaRon said:
They better get Michael Anthony back for this. They need to have his background vocals.

SavaRon said:
VAN HALEN To Tour With Original Frontman DAVID LEE ROTH In 2007
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 09:16:36

MelodicRock.com has issued the following report:

"No more teasing. Never tease where VAN HALEN is concerned... I have information from a highly placed source that Van Halen will likely tour in 2007 with DAVID LEE ROTH as frontman.

Negotiations are currently underway to re-unite Van Halen with their original frontman for a tour in 2007 that will take in Amercia and possibly other territories. While nothing in the world of Van Halen is set until the band walk out on stage, I can confirm that negotiations between all parties have been underway for some time, trying to put together a big 2007 reunion tour.

One would presume the tour will feature classic VH era songs only. What I do not yet know is whether this plan includes exiled bass player Michael Anthony. Perhaps Wolfgang will play bass? I'm told these questions will be answered shortly.

Van Halen last toured in 2004 with SAMMY HAGAR, but the tour ended on a sour note and Hagar has not talked to Eddie Van Halen since.

What I also know is that there will be no new Van Halen release to go with the tour, such as The Best Of Both World's in 2004. There is no plans for a new compilation or a new studio album - just the tour.

More details when available."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure if this is good news or not. Between Dave and Eddie it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. They better get Michael Anthony back for this. They need to have his background vocals.

I heard this so called interview on Siruis. Eddie sounded out of his mind. True he did say more or less that Michael Anthony wasn't in the band and there was a hint at "Woflie" playing with him and Alex. There was no mention of calling it Van Halen, or having anyone else that has been in Van Halen fronting the band. More or less it was a new band with the brothers, son and a new singer... The guy that runs Melodicrock.com stirs up a lot of shit and just fuels rumors. If you're familar with this Aussie wanker you'd see that with the other bands he's into; Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, Rick Springfield, John Wait, Journey and Van Halen...

While, as Carnut put it, I'll wait and see on this one...Andrew from melodicrock.com was way out in front on the last VH reunion. He called the reunion with Sammy many, many months in advance. With anything involving these guys, DLR & EVH, this could blow up before it even begins.