Michael Anthony = Class act

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
From Brave Words:

Bassist Michael Anthony - "I Was Not Invited To Do The Van Halen Tour"

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 18:23:45 EST

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has issued the following update:

"First of all, I hope all of you are having a great Summer!! I want to thank everyone for all the support you're shown me during the past months. It's all been pretty crazy, and I just wanted to bring you all up to speed. A lot of you have been asking about the upcoming Van Halen tour and my response to it. It's not that I'm not touring with Van Halen because I'm going out with Sammy (Hagar). I'm going out with Sammy because I was not invited to do the VH tour. Sammy told me that if I was asked to be part of the VH tour and decided to do it, it would be totally cool, and it would not tarnish our friendship in the least!! Well it's not to be, and life goes on. I'll still be out there with Sam, and I can't wait to do some partying with all of you. One last note from myself to all the Van Halen fans out there who will be attending their shows...Wolfgang (Van Halen) is a great kid, so don't judge him too harshly. I'm sure he'll do just fine!!"

Cool reaction from Michael. It would be nicer to have the complete original line-up indeed, but it won't stop me from going to see VH if they tour in Europe though, just hope they won't do all the stupid festivals like Heaven & Hell did. I rather have some full indoor shows.

I rather have some full indoor shows.

I rather have some shows, any shows! Stop complaining :p

BTW, a friend is trying to get me into going together to WOA next year...

I rather have some shows, any shows! Stop complaining :p

BTW, a friend is trying to get me into going together to WOA next year...

Choose KIT instead!! Wacken bill was not that great and I don't think it will improve much any more. It's becoming more and more a festival with "mainstream" bands you see at all festivals here...And with the money you have left if you compare to KIT you can buy a golden watch :p

Very mature and classy of him to say those things.

I personally think as a bassist, he is fairly replaceable. As a backing vocalist... nearly impossible. Eddie was/is a fine backing vocalist, but it was Mike that had the super high tenor vocals in awesome VH harmonies. That was a huge part of their sound. I will be curious to see if Wolfgang can handle those duties.

Bryant

Choose KIT instead!! Wacken bill was not that great and I don't think it will improve much any more. It's becoming more and more a festival with "mainstream" bands you see at all festivals here...And with the money you have left if you compare to KIT you can buy a golden watch :p

Actually I'm trying to get hin into PPIX or KIT, but he wants WOA because Maiden will supposedly play there, and since I have never seen them... Still a trip to Europe is quite of of my actual budget while Atalnata is still manageable. I don't knos still a year from now, I will make my mind much later.

NP: Skyclad - 'The Cry of The Land'

Actually I'm trying to get hin into PPIX or KIT, but he wants WOA because Maiden will supposedly play there, and since I have never seen them... Still a trip to Europe is quite of of my actual budget while Atalnata is still manageable. I don't knos still a year from now, I will make my mind much later.

PPIX!!!!!!!!:headbang: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :p

Well the stories behind replaceing Anthony with Wolfgang sure sound ugly but they are stories. If true they are riddled with wrongness. Eddie should be supporting Wolfgang in Wolfgangs own band, something new in other words, but whatever. Frankly if I had to choose between two shows I'd go see Sammy. Ive been into Sammy since the Montrose debut in '73 and seniority rules. If I was a big Roth fan I would not let controversary within the band stop me from going. Seeing Eddie play with his son should be somewhat inspiring. I cant think of any other Father/Son on stage acts in R&R ....... ? Have their been any ?

I'm going to the VH show in NY... as for Michael.. yup.. always a class act unlike the VH brothers... both of them are assholes... but regardless im there to hear/see them play and not have a conversation with them...