A jury of my peers is needed. Every last one of you GET IN HERE!

Do I go to work or take the day off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Beard

No longer active
Sep 6, 2001
VOTE! I'm in pain, and mentally broken down.

Do I call in, enjoy a long rest and a 3 day weekend (I'm quitting anyway) or do I suck up my vile hatred for my job and current life and go in on my Friday?

Also, those of you with smartassed "its your choice" diatribes, just please be quiet and go to other threads.

(Disregard my vote, makes it simpler to see the tally.)

it's a tough call. you'll probably end up burning the day off doing bullshit. may as well kill time and rake in some decent cash.

i don't know... whatever a user whose username begins with the letter "i" votes (i, because iron man is my current character in marvel alliance), i'll do the same. alternatively, the numerical equivalent of i applied to post number in this thread. that person's vote.

Well, I *did* quit by my accounts. I handed in my 2-week resignation Wednesday. But for descriptions, yeah, I am quitting (as in the last day I'm employed there) the 6th.

110 hours. All cashable at resigning, so, I'll get another check for (102 if I call in) Lets see... at 23.50ish an hour... $2403 before taxes.

Final planning stages. Where my A/V equipment goes, posters, clothes, etc. Not leaving my equipment here. May have to pay Derick to hang on to some stuff. :p

NL, I voted for calling in and enjoy a relaxed day because I think you really need it... It really makes me sad that you hate your job so much, and I am happy you are quitting and actually looking for a better place for you.
A fresh start is good for EVERYONE and I know you'd be happier in TX with your new friends and hopefully a great new job out there as well.

I do however have to mention, that even if one gives 2-week notice and decided to quit, it's not like it's "ok" to just call in sick and say "Fuck 'em"
There is always the aspect of "leaving on good terms" especially when you need references from your previous job place... I don;t know your current boss or people who can give you positive references at your job, but if you think that might be an issue: then I say: suck it up, go there and leave on good terms...

The bottom line is... of course, your happiness...

I voted for calling in. It has nothing to do with you or even with whether or not you're quitting. Bottom line is that you work with human beings and you said you were in pain, mentally broken down, and you hate your job. You think they won't notice? Retarded or not, when someone feels like ass, and acts like they feel like ass, you notice that they are acting like an ass. Nobody can help it. That's what sick days are for -- not spreading the ass. (Hmmm. That had an unfortunate double entendre.)

I'd say go to work, and tough it out. You don't have much left, and you might as well finish it with by sticking out the last two weeks like a man.

Go to work. The Chinese have advanced and it's up to every last one of us Westerners to reclaim our economy.

Or, like me...go to Hawaii - take the holiday weekend off and tack on the 110 hours vacation time. Checkout a few jobs online from the hotel and send the resume. If they can you when you get back, you have unemployment and a new start at what you like. If they do nothing, request a raise.