A Lower Deep: First Sample from the Upcoming Release On Line!

ALowerDeep

Sep 22, 2006
www.alowerdeep.com
The first song sample (Bleed) from our upcoming new album "Black Marys" is now online at http://www.myspace.com/alowerdeep Please take a moment to check it out.

The new album was produced and mixed by Chaz Najjar (formerly with Morrisound- Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards, Circle II Circle) and mastered by James Murphy (Death, Testament, Obituary, etc.)

Black Marys is due for a late fall/early winter release.

ha, thanks Deron. This album is conceptionally about nightmares and Tim has a great heavy vocal so we use it sparsely for effect. Not to the level of a Mercenary or Raintime but here and there. Patrick thanks so much you know we love you brother, can't wait to see you and the gang in a couple of weeks.

I am biased, so i'll have to reserve my own opinion... ok, so this is the best song I've ever heard from ALD - you happy?!. I hope it sets the tone for the new record.

:kickass:

But does anyone else have any thoughts on this song? :err:

Man, my ears bled from that. Who's the vocalist and what's their problem??????? They need to take lessons from someone good, like the guy from Falconer.

j/k

This is definitely the best I've heard you guys sound. I like it. Something about the mix/mastering bothers me, but it may just be my system so I'll hold thoughts till I hear it in a less shitty way (i.e. CD rather than myspace). But this is good 'TRUuuuu' metal. Unlike that pop princess Disney metal crap from Halcyon Way.

I will admit. First thing I asked Hoyt after you first Atlanta show was 'psssst does he sing better live than on their recordings?' Hoyt let me know that, indeed, it is much better live. This song seems to me that is what I could expect ya to sound like live. Sounds good.

This is definitely the best I've heard you guys sound. I like it. Something about the mix/mastering bothers me, but it may just be my system so I'll hold thoughts till I hear it in a less shitty way (i.e. CD rather than myspace). But this is good 'TRUuuuu' metal. Unlike that pop princess Disney metal crap from Halcyon Way.

I will admit. First thing I asked Hoyt after you first Atlanta show was 'psssst does he sing better live than on their recordings?' Hoyt let me know that, indeed, it is much better live. This song seems to me that is what I could expect ya to sound like live. Sounds good.

Thanks Cheiron, and yeah our last recordings we did ourselves and though they are ok for how they were done the hardest part under the conditions for recording we had were getting any power out of the vocals and guitars. Both came out a bit thin. But the new album is greatly improved thanks to Chaz and James on the mixing and mastering, so hopefully it gives a better indication of what we do.

James Murphy (That's James F%#@ing Murphy to you) called to say the masters are on the way so we'll have a few more samples up next week. And some exciting news about A Lower Deep's first ever conceptual music video.