A message from James Murphy 12/13/04

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
As we mourn the recent passing of one musical giant the calendar marks the 3rd anniversary of the tragic parting of another, equal in stature and influence, and as deeply missed. I so very much wanted to complete the Within The Mind tribute album by this day, but the logistics of organizing so many great talents has proven far more daunting than I ever would have imagined. Still, the progress has been good and I feel in my heart that Chuck would be proud of our efforts, and would want a special dedication placed on the album for Dimebag Darrell Abbott. The names, memories, and spirits of Chuck, Darrell, and many other fallen musical heroes will live on with us all and inspire the heroes of the future. This is the true destiny of their legacies and, above all material considerations of fame and wealth, is the best that any musician can ever dream of attaining: a true contribution.

Rest in peace Chuck and Darrell, you will live on through your music forever.

James Murphy
Dec. 13th, 2004

All i've been doing all day is listening to Death/Control Denied in my R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner shirt. Woulda been nice to have the tribute but I know it's better to wait and have it be perfect than to rush it out.