UDATE from James Murphy 6/07/04!

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
hi everyone,

it's been a good while since my last update and I apologize.. been quite busy with the Within The Mind project, which for those who don't already know is the star studded tribute to Chuck Schuldiner and Death that I have been working on, as well as a few guest appearances which you will be able to read about on my personal site.

here's a list of everyone who has recorded so far...this includes all the way to back to the start of the project and brings us right up to date as of last week:

Richard Christy (drummer from Death, Control Denied, and Iced Earth)
Mark Hunter (vocalist from Chimaira)
Matt Thompson (drummer from King Diamond)
Matt Difabio (vocalist/guitarist from Single Bullet Theory and Pissing Razors)
Bill Mezic (bassist from Single Bullet Theory and Seven Witches)

and most recently....

Jason Bittner (drummer from Shadow's Fall)
and
Matt Bachand (guitarist from Shadow's Fall)

yes!! a couple weeks ago I traveled to Albany, NY where I was picked up at the airport by Jason Bittner and we headed directly over to Hydrostatic Recording Studios to begin setting up the drums and getting tones for the session.

we started recording the drum tracks and rough guitar tracks for 3 Death songs (not telling yet!) the following day and Shadow's Fall guitarist Matt Bachand showed up a little later that morning to be on hand to record guitar parts for one of the songs.

the session went very smoothly and it was easy to tell that Jason had been playing the songs for quite a while and when you finally hear his performance on the CD there will no doubt as to why Modern Drummer Magazine recently awarded him the #1 Up And Coming Drummer Award. Matt and Jason both kicked ass on the tracks and once again the high standard set by Richard Christy at the beginning of the project was maintained!

next up I'll be heading to the NY area again to record for the project with Dave Culross, Brett Hofmann, Ross Dolan, and others.

check the tribute site for pics from the session

thanks... I will also soon be sending out a personal update and a disincarnate update.. thanks again!

~James Murphy
www.msanthrope.com/jamesmurphy/
www.disincarnate.net
www.deathtribute.com

Nice to hear from ya James. Thanks loads for the update. Really looking forward to hearing the Death Tribute on CD. Are you going to play your own version of the solos or the original solos?

I just got my copy of the Disincarnate reissue a few weeks ago. Been headbanging and growling to the tunes eversince (I can't get enough!). Can you post some demo clips on what we'll soon hear from you? You posted an audio clip on the forum a long time ago, but can't find it anymore :(

Good health to you ! \m/

By the way, I really like how the demo songs sound on the reissue--raw!