A MEXICAN'S MIX!! (el POD Farmo, el Slate, el SSLo)

pipaguapique

Remember Me
Apr 2, 2010
Chihuahua, Mexico
www.jerryordonez.com
Hey guys,

It's my first mix post, so have at it.
If there is anything this forum has thought me, is to use Kick 10, Snare 12a and Pod farm's Dimond Plate (haha j/k) :lol:

This is a song me and my drummer came with this week and decided to record it. I don't have lyrics for it just yet.

Drums are natural and only the kick was fully replaced and the snare is the original snare with slate room samples.

I used my Les Paul Custom direct to the interface and used Pod Farm

I used a Warwick bass. DI to pod farm too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6546191/Ebenezer Mix Rev1.mp3

EDIT:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6546191/Ebenezer hijo de Elias.mp3

PedoBear.jpg

PEDRO-bear Approves!

as for me ... sounds good, a bit like you have the same problem I do with a lot of stuff in that it sounds a bit "stuffy", like you have a thin blanket over the speakers. Snare could use some more verb, kicks are a bit too loud for me but the bass and gats sound pretty good. Even without vocals its a cool sounding tune ... keep adding to it and posting updated versions!

Im digging this dude.

What mics did you use for all the drums?

On single hits the drums sound real nice, but when it comes to anything faster than 1 hit-ish, they become not so clear to make out. but i guess thats normalish. haha.

overall, pretty nice.

thanx dude.

Im digging this dude.

What mics did you use for all the drums?

On single hits the drums sound real nice, but when it comes to anything faster than 1 hit-ish, they become not so clear to make out. but i guess thats normalish. haha.

overall, pretty nice.

it was all sm57's on drums and hh. and sm81's on overheads.

i totally get what you're saying, i still need to automate some of the hits.

thanx Pedro bear! :lol:

about the blanket...please elaborate more on that, im interested.

it just sounds bit stuffy, like if the presence knob was turned down too low for lack of a better way of explaining it. Not bad by any means, not at all ... just could use an overall brightness boost ... I tend to have the same problem with a lot of my mixes but for me its mostly due to my über-shitty converters from what I've been able to tell