A much better review from a dutch e-zine (it's written in english)

Mr T.

Conquerer
Briody said:
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.php?id=4234&lang=en

I wrote the guy and asked him about his comments. I don't get the 'little brother to Iced Earth' comment, we've been doing albums for longer then IE.

He also views Harry's voice as a liability, which I cannot understand at all.

He also says the album won't sell because of 'too many tempo-changes and contra-melodies". I don't know about this guy....

Mark

Hello,

I kinda feel like i should apologize for them, because i'm from the netherlands too (as is that e-zine) But i totally disagree with his review, i actually found another review from a dutch e-zine, which is a much better one, your new cd rocks and i for sure think that harry's voice is one of the things that makes the band unique. cheers!

this is the review, this is the link: http://www.vampire-magazine.com/reviews.asp?id=3174

From the early beginning of the eighties a bunch of friends decided to form a band with the purpose to go along with the musical climate of these days. Jag Panzer, still in their key formula are presenting you ‘Casting The Stones’. A pity for me I missed the first ten years of their career. They can be compared with the bigger acts of this heavy power scene. It’s not startling they managed to go on all this years while releasing a lot of albums with their capabilities. They are one of the founders of the true heavy metal sound. Enough beefing for now!

The album itself is fulfilled with contagious riffs and spitting- but also sensitive vocals. The same weigh for the backing vocals. Most of the songs are up-paced without losing their melodic character. The amount of aggression that is capturing you while listening is definitely comparable with Nevermore. Listen for example to their whipping/neurotic loops and solo’s. Anyhow there are a few songs that show off. These songs are remarkable strong qua construction and lyrics. They really make you bang like never before. The mid-paced cracker ‘Precipice’ sounds like if they hired Ronnie James Dio for the vocals. After the mid-break the song changed of character and increases the speed for a while considering the furious solo. And again a big compliment for the intense backing vocals. The most remarkable song is "The Mission (1943)". This song tells the story about the way six men tried to conquer the guns of Navarone. A real warrior song if you ask me. Pounding/galloping riffs are swelling the heroic mood of this masterpiece. It is inevitably to avoid being catchy. This song can be compared with one of the ‘Demons And Wizards’ or ‘The Lord Weird Slough Feg’ songs.‘Casting The Stones’ can be described as a very entertaining and powerful album. The only thing I can recommend is to buy this solid ball of energy.