A New CD Out Today 3/25/03

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Tourniquet - Where Moth and Rust Destroy just came out today. I heard some of their stuff a while ago, but was not too impressed with the singing but thought the music was really cool. I heard that a new album of theirs was coming out so i decided if i could find an mp3 from the band and found the title track on the bands site - www.tourniquet.net

well needless to say I really liked it, even the singing this time around. the song is part punk, thrash, prog, and heavy metal. It was really cool. I did some more searching and found that Marty Friedman (ex Megadeth) helped out on guitars and that impressed me as well. I ordered the CD from www.theendrecords.com for 12 bucks (again no shipping fee) and I am highly anticipating its arrival

If you want to read a review for the new cd you can go here -
http://www.digitalmetal.com/reviews.asp?cid=3993

We did a review of the album as well, though it's nowhere near as flattering as the previous reviewer would have you believe. Good to have different views though.

You can see our review by clicking the banner in my sig, then going to the 'Reviews' index page; it can be seen either right on the 'Reviews' index page or by clicking the letter 'T.' Cheers.

Got the CD today in the mail and I am very pleased with the purchase. The music is great the lyrics are great and the singing (while not the best) works with the music. The lyrics are Christian, but not preachy and generally give me a positive feeling. I like this release very very much.

Highlights are Where Moth and Rust Destroy, Restoring the Locust Years, a Ghost at the Wheel, Convolted Absolutes, and Healing Waters of the Tigris. I like all the songs except Drawn and Quatered. Very very cool album

Damn.. And I'm saving up for an amplifier.. No £$€ for other stuff.. like Where Moth & Rust Destroy... *mumbles something non-understandable in danish..*

I have all of their discs. This is the best one since the early days (I think it is a little better than the last one), although it still doesn't have the memorable hooks of say Psycho Surgery or Pathogenic or even Vanishing. it has some killer playing on it though, especially drums and lead guitar work by Marty Friedman. I would put Ted Kirkpatrick up against any drummer out there. His speed is unreal...listen to tracks 7 and 8 and prepare to be amazed. The vocals are ok...I don't really like his higher register, but the lower singer is pretty powerful. I recommend it.