A new deathcore song mix

Nikolas Quemtri

Mix 'em all!
Nov 15, 2009
nrqs.net
This is my mix of the song, composed and recorded by aix and rapucore here on UM.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWiKmlv2kE&hd=1[/ame]

I've also added few production things. Guitars are reamped through KPA (Mesa profile), the bass is totally artificial.

Any feedback is appreciated. :headbang:

Thank you for the feedback! :)
Actually, this is the aspect I'm currently working against: to make the mix sound more balanced in terms of a rhythm section (drums, bass and guitars). There was a problem of a "drum solo" in my earlier mixes.

The mix is already pretty good compared to most of the stuff I usually comment on, but making the snare louder (and also the bass come to think of it) will bring the mix to the next level. :)

I just don't like the EQ on the vocals. Everything else is perfect. For the vocals I'd use heavy bass rider and some sort of exciter with moderate settings and a tad of more reverb and that's it.

Thank you, guys!
I've listened to the mix with the fresh ears and realized that I agree regarding the snare should be louder by its direct mic.
indecizo, the vox are pretty constantly sibilant in the original. Maybe, I should work on that aspect more as well.
DanLights, do you mean the dynamics in the low end?

Thank you, guys!
I've listened to the mix with the fresh ears and realized that I agree regarding the snare should be louder by its direct mic.
indecizo, the vox are pretty constantly sibilant in the original. Maybe, I should work on that aspect more as well.
DanLights, do you mean the dynamics in the low end?

No, I mean like how unless highpassed in the detection section, the first thing to trigger compression is the low end if it's overpowering the mix, so it's inevitable that with compression comes a loss of low end. It's just an assumption of mine cause the mix does sound pretty squashed, and that's quite common.