A new list for Heliotropic

nizzon

f.k.a Qth
Apr 14, 2004
Down Below
www.last.fm
Ok, since they deleted the other one lets make a new list of good Death Metal-bands for Heliotropic_Rose.
Here are the ones i can remember from the old one...

Nile
Morbid Angel
Bolt Thrower
Dismember
Entombed (the early stuff)
Vehemence
Illdisposed
Autumn Leaves

Authorize - The Source Of Dominion
(Would be cool to hear if anyone has the Authorize-album? I grew up in the same village as them so they are kinda special to me. They only released one album in 1991. They played one gig with Opeth and Therion and apparently they had a good reputation in the underground back then.)

Also take a look at:
Carcass (the early stuff is more grindcore though)
Edge Of Sanity (Progressive Death Metal) (Dan Swanö)
Hypocrisy (melodic death)
Amorphis (melodic death)
Insomnium (melodic death)
Amon Amarth (melodic death)
Death (Progressiv Death)
The Project Hate (industrial melodic death with some female vocals)
Novembers Doom (death/doom)

There.. the other guys can continue.

Qth said:
Ok, since they deleted the other one lets make a new list of good Death Metal-bands for Heliotropic_Rose.
Here are the ones i can remember from the old one...

Nile
Morbid Angel
Bolt Thrower
Dismember
Entombed (the early stuff)
Vehemence
Illdisposed
Autumn Leaves

Authorize - The Source Of Dominion
(Would be cool to hear if anyone has the Authorize-album? I grew up in the same village as them so they are kinda special to me. They only released one album in 1991. They played one gig with Opeth and Therion and apparently they had a good reputation in the underground back then.)

Also take a look at:
Carcass (the early stuff is more grindcore though)
Edge Of Sanity (Progressive Death Metal) (Dan Swanö)
Hypocrisy (melodic death)
Amorphis (melodic death)
Insomnium (melodic death)
Amon Amarth (melodic death)
Death (Progressiv Death)
The Project Hate (industrial melodic death with some female vocals)
Novembers Doom (death/doom)

There.. the other guys can continue.

I would be hesitant to call Death progressive death...more so early tech death. On their later work that is.

Suffocation
Necrophagist
Cattle Decapitation
Despised Icon
Aborted
Jigsore Terror
Decapitated
Kataklysm
Ribspreader

Salvatore said:
Hey Don't forget about:
Obituary (slowly we rot)
Pestilence
Slayer (Reign in blood) (ok freek out its not exactally death metal but rules)
Canabal Corpse
Napalm Death (ok grind core , whatever they rock)
These are just some I like.
Check this list of death metal bands, Holy shit!
http://www.metal-archives.com/browseG.php?g=death

Yes there are alot of Death Metal bands in the world. Its just too bad that not close to all of them are good.

Yeah its hit or miss when trying to find something new (death metal) to listen to. Actually I started to loose hope that there was any good metal anymore, everything I ever listened was ten or more years old. (Im an Old guy) Then I accidentally ran across Blood Bath a while back. Blew Me away!!

Death is without a doubt is my favorate . I was lucky enough to see them play at milwaukee metal fest in the early 90's. I can't wait to hear that Death Tribute. Is it correct that Mike A. and other Bloodbath members did "Pull the plug". That has to kick some serious ass!

Disgorge (US)
Avulsed
Cancer
Gorerotted
Detrimentum
Sarpanitum
Zyklon
Centinex
Prostitute Disfigurement
Nephasth
Psycroptic
Welkin
Lost Soul
The Chasm
Cryptopsy
Necrophobic
Darkthrone (The first album)
Internal Suffering
Deathbound
Yattering
Insision
Anata

edit: what have Godflesh got to do with Death Metal, aside from a bit of the vocals?

and I appreciate this new list! I'll check them all out.......eventually......hell I bet yall never expect an Okie to listen to death metal though huh

Okay, you could be right, I haven't met a real Hawaiian that likes Death Metal. I'm orginally from Texas. <.< But I didn't get into metal until I moved here.

burton said:
Okay, you could be right, I haven't met a real Hawaiian that likes Death Metal. I'm orginally from Texas. <.< But I didn't get into metal until I moved here.

This is more like it. I know a couple other people that currently live in Hawai, and are metal heads. But they as well lived somewhere else in the states before hand.

Demigod by Behemoth is a monstrous beast of an album. Also Immolation, The Monolith Deathcult, if you like Death/Cynic check out Alarum.
Dont forget Hate Eternal, The Bezerker, Deicide, Ackercocke, At The Gates, Unleashed, & Brutal Truth and Nasum for grindcore.