A New Maiden?

NoEffenPicks

Dec 14, 2004
Saw this on Craigslist...

The Iron Maidens "World's only female tribute to Iron Maiden" (
WWW.THEIRONMAIDENS.COM ) are currently looking to add another
pro-level female lead guitarist to our line up as a full-time
member. This will include national and international dates and
tours, paid performances and the recording of a new CD, .
If interested, please contact Neal Wasserheim.
Must have own gear, transportation and professional work ethic.

Interesting are you gals going to be the first tribute out there to add a "Janick" slot? If so, I say we take a poll to decide the new "Maidens-ized" version of Janick's name... The first thing that comes to mind... Janice? :Smug:

Hmmm...

Curious how this develops. Personally I'd love to see Jojo come back into the mix. She was amazing.

Cheers and Up the Irons!

NoEffenPicks said:
Interesting are you gals going to be the first tribute out there to add a "Janick" slot? If so, I say we take a poll to decide the new "Maidens-ized" version of Janick's name... The first thing that comes to mind... Janice? :Smug:

Hmmm...

Based on the way they pronounce Janick I can't see a better fit than Janice.

Should be interesting for sure.

Jim

NoEffenPicks said:
Saw this on Craigslist...

The Iron Maidens "World's only female tribute to Iron Maiden" (
WWW.THEIRONMAIDENS.COM ) are currently looking to add another
pro-level female lead guitarist to our line up as a full-time
member. This will include national and international dates and
tours, paid performances and the recording of a new CD, .
If interested, please contact Neal Wasserheim.
Must have own gear, transportation and professional work ethic.

Hmmm...

Curious how this develops. Personally I'd love to see Jojo come back into the mix. She was amazing.

Cheers and Up the Irons!

Perfect! When I am fully recovered from my sex change operation, will audition for the band!

:p

Would be awesome if she could play keys as well. Surprised that wasn't mentioned in the ad.

That way y'all don't have to wait until Michael is available to do key laden tracks. Of course when he is available it is great to have him do the key work.

Jim

Speaking of this, I had a dream last night that myself, my gf and my co-worker went to a Maiden concert (which we will be doing on 10/17)... and about halfway through the show, somehow we had gotten down to the floor and in the front row, and during songs, various members would leave the stage, only to be replaced by the Maidens, and vice-versa!!! It was strange to say the least, when combined with all of the surreal stuff that takes place in dreams added onto it.....

But yes, getting a "Janice Gers" who can play keyboards would be perfect. That way, y'all have the bases covered!

Rendclaw said:
Speaking of this, I had a dream last night that myself, my gf and my co-worker went to a Maiden concert (which we will be doing on 10/17)... and about halfway through the show, somehow we had gotten down to the floor and in the front row, and during songs, various members would leave the stage, only to be replaced by the Maidens, and vice-versa!!! It was strange to say the least, when combined with all of the surreal stuff that takes place in dreams added onto it.....

I saw something quite close to the reverse of that actually happen, but regarding Megadeth. On my birthday the year before last, Hangar 18 [a tribute to Megadeth featuring the original bass player of The MaidenS, who was also the person who handed me a flyer in early Feb 2002, informing me of the existence of The MaidenS] started playing a set with the regular Hangar 18 line up and about mid way through people started leaving the stage and were replaced by former members of the real Megadeth, for the last few songs Fro was the only person left on the stage who wasn't a former member of the real Megadeth.

I think three guitarists is the ultimate. Look at Revelations, on the Live After Death tour Bruce played the rythym part while Dave and Adrian did the harmony. (near the beginning of the song) with only two guitarists you can't have a true harmony while having the rythym part played as well.

Another example of what a 3rd guitarist can add is the dual solo by Adrian and Janick in the first solo of The Trooper.

Archmagician said:
Dude it takes time to get someone up to speed and tight with the band. And I am talking about assuming that person is a seasoned musician. This new person wont be playing witht he maidens until many "weeks" after she is found...

Hey buddy, calm down! i was just kidding! don´t be mad at me! :kickass:

myspace.com/te_truper

FORR THAT THING ABOUT THE NEW NAME I THINK IT COULD BE "JENNY GERS""
... OR ALSO JANICE BUT I SEE WITH BETER EYES JENNY

Schmidt_Rubin said:
I think three guitarists is the ultimate. Look at Revelations, on the Live After Death tour Bruce played the rythym part while Dave and Adrian did the harmony. (near the beginning of the song) with only two guitarists you can't have a true harmony while having the rythym part played as well.

Another example of what a 3rd guitarist can add is the dual solo by Adrian and Janick in the first solo of The Trooper.

I thought Bruce was playing the arpeggio rather than the rhythm... Broken chords as opposed to full chords. Similar but different.
Still I wholeheartedly agree about three guitarists.