A Night With SX: Your Ideal Setlist

Here we go. I am kinda specific on the order they should be played, so

1) Of Sins and Shadows
2) Awakenings (Pinella can add to the solo in this)
3) King of Terrors
4) Sea of Lies
5) Church of the Machine
6) The Accolade I and II w/ segue in between (good idea, ptah)
7) Fallen
8) Communion and the Oracle
9) Through the Looking Glass
10) Shades of Grey
11) Dressed to Kill
12) Divine Wings of Tragedy
13) Candelight Fantasia (Where lights are shut off and everyone lights and holds up the candle they received at walk-in)

Then, the lights go out for real w/ Russell saying good night to everybody. Seconds later, you hear

14)Smoke and Mirrors, with the first part being done in pitch black, closing with
15)Rediscovery Pt. 2

The End

I truly think that asking for all their epics in one "Night with" is a bit much for them, hence I didn't add them.

The whole debut album with Russel's vocals (interesting)
Witching Hour (even though I don't like it)
The Odyssey

Sabin17 said:
Here we go. I am kinda specific on the order they should be played, so

1) Of Sins and Shadows
2) Awakenings (Pinella can add to the solo in this)
3) King of Terrors
4) Sea of Lies
5) Church of the Machine
6) The Accolade I and II w/ segue in between (good idea, ptah)
7) Fallen
8) Communion and the Oracle
9) Through the Looking Glass
10) Shades of Grey
11) Dressed to Kill
12) Divine Wings of Tragedy
13) Candelight Fantasia (Where lights are shut off and everyone lights and holds up the candle they received at walk-in)

Then, the lights go out for real w/ Russell saying good night to everybody. Seconds later, you hear

14)Smoke and Mirrors, with the first part being done in pitch black, closing with
15)Rediscovery Pt. 2

The End

I truly think that asking for all their epics in one "Night with" is a bit much for them, hence I didn't add them.

Thank you for being specific about order, which was one of the whole points of this. I definitely put some thought into the order of my setlist. Reason being that SX clearly put some thought into the order of their set, and I would hope most educated fans realize that it does play a factor in the show.

joro410 said:
Well, I'm NOT surprised to see no Symphony X material, the debut that is.

Pretty sure I have Rapture or Pain in mine. And it's a shame if people dont want to hear at least 1 song from that album mixed in from time to time.

Sadly, I fear the people who don't want to see material from the first album are the same people who are content seeing Inferno, Wicked and King of Terrors at every show.

I'd just be happy with a list that varies from the one used the last three times I saw them. It is burned into my mind that Inferno will forever be their opening song. Not that I hate the song (hell, I even made myself a ringtone using the opening of it), I'd just like to hear something else to start the show. :D

Snowmaker said:
I'd just be happy with a list that varies from the one used the last three times I saw them. It is burned into my mind that Inferno will forever be their opening song. Not that I hate the song (hell, I even made myself a ringtone using the opening of it), I'd just like to hear something else to start the show. :D

Agreed.