Your Ultimate, Current SX setlist...

EyeballKid

Shyamalan'd
Yes, it's another "what would your dream setlist be for a SX show?" thread, but let's skew a little different.

What would your CURRENT, REALISTICALLY-PLANNED setlist be, factoring in the release of Iconoclast?

This means no: "Nothing after teh Odyssey! Selist will be all of V, The Odyssey (song) in full, Divine Wings (song), and close with Edge of Forever!" Obviously, this is your setlist, so if you wanna choose some out of the box songs, go for it! But keep in mind: this new album came out, and the guys really like playing Paradise Lost songs as well.

Mine would be:

- Evolution (The Grand Design)
- The End of Innocence
- Dehumanized
- The Serpent's Kiss
- Accolade/Accolade II
- Out of the Ashes
- Prometheus (I Am Alive)
- Set the World on Fire
- Communion and the Oracle
- Absence of Light
- Wicked
- Iconoclast

- When All is Lost
- Inferno (Unleash the Fire)

I don't really get it. On the other hand we need to be realistic and add songs they are definitely going to play from the latest albums, but on the other hand you are allowed to add songs they are never ever going to actually play at this point like The Accolade and Absence of Light?

Just a thought...

But if I could go ahead and pick some of my favourite songs from each of the last five albums, it would be something like:

Iconoclast
When All is Lost
Children of A Faceless God
Set The World on Fire
Paradise Lost
Accolade II
The Odyssey
Communion
Fallen
Egypt
The Accolade
Sea Of Lies
Church of the machine
Through the looking glass

put into some kind of sensible order.

I don't really get it. On the other hand we need to be realistic and add songs they are definitely going to play from the latest albums, but on the other hand you are allowed to add songs they are never ever going to actually play at this point like The Accolade and Absence of Light?

Agreed to an extent. I can see them playing anything heavy live after the flow of the last two albums so I would say Absence of Light isn't really too unrealistic. Maybe Accolade though :)
I do think its only fair to put songs you think they will actually play though, not another wishlist to everyone who wishes to post.

These are not my favorite Symphony X tracks, in fact some of them I don't even care for...but being realistic as far as where the band has taken their music heaviness-wise, I thought the list was appropriate and timed out decently well. I could see them play this list track for track is what I mean...not being unrealistic.

Opener - Iconoclast
The End of Innocence
Dehumanized
Of Sins and Shadows
Wicked
Egypt
The Serpent's Kiss
Paradise Lost
When All is Lost

Encore
- King of Terrors
- Reign in Madness

Before you rape my choices:
As much as people hate Reign in Madness, I think its a good song and would be a great powerful closer.

Yes, exactly. :heh:

This was mainly so that people (namely IC/PL haters) didn't simply make a list that completely ignored their recent albums. As far as me putting in shot-in-the-dark songs? Guilty.

As much as people hate Reign in Madness, I think its a good song and would be a great powerful closer.

I agree. If I added another IC song, it would be Reign.

This list is more of a what I can see them playing and less of what I'd like to see them play.

Light Up the Night
Dehumanized
Sea of Lies
Iconoclast
Accolade II
Serpent's Kiss
End of Innocence
Smoke and Mirrors
Bastards of the Machine
Rediscovery (Segue and Part II)
Reign in Madness

Encore
When All is Lost
Revelation w/Part VII of Divine Wings

Unrealistic version here we go! "reads OP."

Damnit!

Well in that case

Iconoclast
Bastards of the Machine
Sea of Lies
Egypt
Paradise Lost
Communion
Walls of Babylon
Dehumanized
Through The Looking Glass or The Edge of Forever

Encore:
WAIL
Revelation/DW/Champion of Ithica (dont think theyve ever done this but i didnt want it to be the same as above because im cool like that)

Yes, it's another "what would your dream setlist be for a SX show?" thread, but let's skew a little different.

What would your CURRENT, REALISTICALLY-PLANNED setlist be, factoring in the release of Iconoclast?

This means no: "Nothing after teh Odyssey! Selist will be all of V, The Odyssey (song) in full, Divine Wings (song), and close with Edge of Forever!" Obviously, this is your setlist, so if you wanna choose some out of the box songs, go for it! But keep in mind: this new album came out, and the guys really like playing Paradise Lost songs as well.

Mine would be:

- Evolution (The Grand Design)
- The End of Innocence
- Dehumanized
- The Serpent's Kiss
- Accolade/Accolade II
- Out of the Ashes
- Prometheus (I Am Alive)
- Set the World on Fire
- Communion and the Oracle
- Absence of Light
- Wicked
- Iconoclast

- When All is Lost
- Inferno (Unleash the Fire)

Oculus Ex Inferni (if you seen them live, then this is a must intro)
Iconoclast
Of Sins and Shadows
Electric Messiah
Accolade II
WAIL
Evolution
The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Domination
Revelation

Oculus Ex Inferni
Electric Messiah
Fallen
The End of Innocence
Paradise Lost
King of Terrors
Egypt
When All Is Lost
Church of the Machine
The Accolade
Accolade II
Revelation

Encore:
Smoke and Mirrors (intro must be done in pitch blackness and with more cowbell)
The Divine Wings of Tragedy

Album breakdown:

DWoT: 2
TiO: 2
V: 2
TO: 2
PL: 3
I: 3

Iconoclast
Bastards
Church
Electric Messiah
Paradise Lost
Wicked
Communion
Eyes of Medusa
Sea of Lies

Encore:
When All is Lost
Reign in Madness
Divine Wings of Tragedy

After watching the recording of that stream that Jax posted, I’m sure we’ll see Iconoclast, Heretic, Dehumanized, Domination, Set the World on Fire, and Paradise Lost this next tour, given how much the members said they like these songs and/or how they will be live. I think we might also see a surprise Communion and the Oracle this time around, but that would be 3 slower songs including When All Is Lost and Paradise Lost. I would love more old stuff, but I don’t see it happening.

My somewhat realistic setlist for this tour:
Oculus Ex Inferni >Iconoclast
Dehumanized
Heretic
When All Is Lost
Domination
Serpent’s Kiss
Prometheus
Set the World on Fire
Paradise Lost
Evolution > Fallen (please!!!)
Smoke & Mirrors

Encore:
Masquerade or Communion
Either Divine Wings or The Odyssey or Reign in Madness

Alright, I'll take a stab at this.

Iconoclast
Wicked
Church
Bastards
Paradise Lost
Pharaoh
Electric Messiah
Eve Of Seduction
When All Is Lost
Sea Of Lies
Orion The Hunter
Revelation w/ Divine Wings Pt. VII

Encore:
Reign In Madness
A Winter's Dream Pts. I&II

Alright, I'll take a stab at this.

Iconoclast
Wicked
Church
Bastards
Paradise Lost
Pharaoh
Electric Messiah
Eve Of Seduction
When All Is Lost
Sea Of Lies
Orion The Hunter
Revelation w/ Divine Wings Pt. VII

Encore:
Reign In Madness
A Winter's Dream Pts. I&II

I would totally be ok with this setlist! BUT.........well, you know:bah:

My realistic set list for the the tour:

01.Iconoclast
02.End of Innocence
03.Dehumanized
04.Smoke and Mirrors
05.Accolade P.1 & P.2
06.Bastards of the Machine
07.Children of a Faceless God
08.Electric Messiah
09.Masquerade
10.Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
11.Of Sins and Shadows
12.Evolution (The Grand Design)
13.Eve of Seduction
14.Serpent's Kiss
15.Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
------Encore------
16.The Damnation Game

Fuck sense and realism, this is what i want:

01.Iconoclast
02.Absense of Light
03.Smoke And Mirrors
04.Lady of the Snow
05.Communion
06.Acoolade Pt 1 first half
07.Rediscovery part 1-2
08.Accolade Pt 1 second half
09.Church Of The Machine
10.Frontiers (lol)
11.Awakenings
12. Masquerade
13. Edge of Forever
14. Revelations
15. Egypt
Encore: The Odyssey. Yeah, i changed my mind.

I wish they'd realize how good that song is and play it live, too, but Lepond told me a few years ago that "we'd never hear it" because not enough people are familiar with it.

Awesome (and totally realistic, haha) setlist, btw!

It's a shame too. Frontiers doesn't make it's way into my ears very often, but when it does, I'm always just amazed. I'm not sure why I don't listen to it that much.

^ It's a great song, but it also contains a very unusual sound for them. It's a bit more optimistic as far as the lyrics go, and the music is very 70s-proggish at times. The overall tone of the song is kind of "happy" when compared to their other stuff.

I'm sure these are just some of the reasons why MJR left this track off the regular version of The Odyssey. On an album full of songs about Greek mythology, knights' tales, Poe stories, Disney movies, and creepy women in cemeteries, a song about mankind's exploration of outer space would seem a bit out of place.