"A note by Naoshige reads...

Kasuro

New Metal Member
Aug 15, 2007
Tennessee
Think of serious matters in a light manner."

Bushido... if you have read it, do you value its lessons? Or do you think it's just crap from a bygone era?

Personally I think the values of honor, dignity, and morality are more in need nowadays than in any other age before us.

Discuss!

Think of serious matters in a light manner."

Bushido... if you have read it, do you value its lessons? Or do you think it's just crap from a bygone era?

Personally I think the values of honor, dignity, and morality are more in need nowadays than in any other age before us.

Discuss!

depends what the context of "serious matters" was.

Obviously I'm not going to be light-hearted about avenging a serial rapist or something, but of course there's wisdom in not taking something like 'all my shit burnt to ashes in my house and now I have nothing' in a heavy manner---can't do shit about it, so you may as well be a little light-hearted if you can, same with being offended or 'taking a joke'.

Personally I find the values honor and morality, at the very least potentially, contradictory to that of dignity, and anyone who knows my posting history would know I preference the latter.

as for Bushido, all I know of it is the concepts Dick Sutphen conveys along with his Zen approach to life, which is very much in line with a preference for self-respect/integrity over any respect for an external authority like 'morality'.