Man's innate humanity worthy of respect...

Hehehehe, that last jab was a bit of a joke :)

I listen to hip hop also - surprisingly enough I would rank it second to metal as the 'genre' I enjoy most. oH sNap, I'm also white and middle class!

But I don't spend $800 of my parent's money on a half Oz of weed, a new pair of shoes, and expensive brand-name "urban" clothing every week, if you get my drift :) :D

I think a major problem we face in our modern society, is all these little pricks walking around thinking they are king shit, because parents, teachers, Sesame Street, and Mr. Rogers have been telling them that they are special and important since before they could even write their generic little names down unassisted.

I agree. But you don't see how the religion of tolerance helped bring this about?

I agree. But you don't see how the religion of tolerance helped bring this about?

I initially worte out a response to your question, in the positive. But then I read it, and realized that I don't know what you're talking about.

Do you mean ego tolerance? Go to a nightclub downtown dressed really well and in expensive clothing, but dressed like a metalhead, and see how far you will be tolerated, nevermind if you try acting like you're a super spesh-ul unique individual worth recognition (who thinks he owns the place) ;)

Do you mean tolerance of difference? I'll recycle the same example, as above. Good luck getting in the door.

The fact is, difference is not accepteable in many circles, communities, sub-cultures, 'herds' if you will. An inflated self image, and self rightious behaviour is only accepteable so long as it conforms to certain standards.

Garbed a certain way, and displaying certain mannerisms, an individual belonging to certain ethnic groups can enjoy a fist-pumpin', coke-snortin', ass grabbin' good time in a downtown nightclub, while feeding themselves with self-image reinforcement every step of the way (and get away with it unmolested).

Our society is superficially tolerant, but certainly not universally tolerant of everyone, everywhere, to the extent that everyone can nurse an inflated ego unhindered.

So, what do you mean by "the religion of tolerance"? Tolerance for unrealistic goals, unrealistic self image, and unrealistic or unfounded ideas of self worth?

The fact is, difference is not accepteable in many circles, communities, sub-cultures, 'herds' if you will.

No, it isn't.

But life is multilayered, so if you can be the same while appearing different, then that's the best.

You can only do that by having a motivation in common.

Self projected into self-interest of others. Selfishness.

I am afraid that your response did not really clarify your mention of 'religion' to me. Nor did it uncloud my eyes as to the nature of your argument involving 'religion'.

Humanity should be a means to an end, not an end... religion provides a map for the interconnectedness of ideas.

You've got a lot of explaining to do, in order to justify your decision to target only "Judeo-Christianity" as the culprit.

I don't think it is the only, but is is definitely the greatest culprit. Judeo-Christianity was the first of many things. The first effective globalist religion. The first major dogmatic literalistic religion. The first large religion of irrational absolute moral thinking. Etc. Each of these, and more, are at the core of nearly all the idiocies of modern society, though most have been twisted beyond recognition.

It is the foundation of the modern disease, though in more recent times it has mutated into something technically entirely different but fundamentally the exact same thing: social liberalism, which I tend to include under the banner of "Judeo-Christianity."