God connection

I think that believing in God and expecting and wanting everything from him blocks the ability to think.Just think about it,if you are religious and believe in God,you are forced to believe that everything was created by him.You cannot think otherwise because then you become a blasphemer.You have
to go to a place every sunday,listen to some bullshit that was written by a guy who had a really good imagination.I mean look at the wars,the killing for religion and all the useless shit that people argue about which religion is the most correct one.Do you think that religion was born for this?Maybe,but I think that if there is a God,he wouldn't have allowed these to happen.God is too ignorant to exist.
yes
religion blocks the ability to think
but for a lot of people, this inability to think is easier to deal with
if something "good" happens, they say "it's a miracle", then if something "bad" happens they say "the devil made that happen"
this outlook on life is, for many people, a lot easier than dealing with the way the world really is
"ignorance is bliss" but only because enlightenment is torturous, saying "God did this and Satan did that" is apparantly easier to deal with than actually thinking about the randomness of the modern world

well I see there are different definitions of 'God' that has nothing to do with Religion in any way. I really believe that there must be a 'higher power' but don't believe that is someone like 'God'. I think it's more a kind of 'energy' or something like that. And that's maybe what the Nonmedical Practicioner meant as he was saying that I have this connection to a kind of 'Power' we cannot explain..
All that surrounds us is anyhow supplied by Energy and I think that god is a kind of similar energy. So that is what I can imagine - just my opinion I know it sounds like shit ;)

+1
i can see "flashes" of the future, read certain people's minds, sometimes "project" commands into certain people's minds to calm down hostile situations if i can focus really hard, and i can "heal" people, but i don't talk about my abilities with Christians because they either
A) don't believe me and think i'm crazy
B) don't believe me and think i'm lying/scamming
C) believe me and think my ability comes from Satan

i think i'm just tapping into some sort of "energy" thing that other people could probably tap into, it's just a little easier/instinctive for me, like how anyone can learn to swim, but some people swimming is much more instinctive thing

Who'd bet I had the inspiration of this thread from Seven tongues of nevermore!
awesome lyrics though: "to further complicate I will now state that your convictions lack definitions and FORM" ahahhaha :lol: :heh:

I'm not religious but I wouldn't call myself atheist as I believe atheists tend to be ignorant and arrogant. I myself still consider it to be a possibility there is some divine being(s) out there. This is simply because how the hell could I know that there isn't. however I do not like religion as it causes more problems in the world than it fixes and it's all a whole lot of guesswork as far as I'm concerned. the only religion I can respect is Buddhism, because Buddhism does not pretend to know anything it doesn't, it doesn't say "believe this or you're going to hell", it is more of a philosophy or way of life and one that is very peaceful, accepting and tolerant. Having said that I'm not a buddhist, and probably never will be one, because I just couldn't follow a religion of any sorts after all the problems I've seen them cause.

:lol: seems abit interesting considering other stories

me getting my ass kicked by the black guy was several years ago
and i've only been able to project my thoughts for about 3 or 4 months and it takes extreme foucus and totally drains me

I'm not religious but I wouldn't call myself atheist as I believe atheists tend to be ignorant and arrogant. I do not like religion as it causes more problems in the world than it fixes and it's all a whole lot of guesswork as far as I'm concerned. the only religion I can respect is Buddhism, because Buddhism does not pretend to know anything it doesn't, it doesn't say "believe this or you're going to hell", it is more of a philosophy or way of life and one that is very peaceful, accepting and tolerant. Having said that I'm not a buddhist, and probably never will be one, because I just couldn't follow a religion of any sorts after all the problems I've seen them cause.
i agree with this except that i am a practicing Wiccan

to sum up I think that only the 'Believe' makes us strong to believe in a god, we shape themselves in our fantasy so should god be but we cannot prove if he really exists that's for sure..
I don't believe in god it's total bullshit, I also can only say what I don't know to be honest, yeah it could be that it is a kind of energy and how do we know whatever created the universe and our planet?? It MUST be something higher but don't believe it is a kind of god-like creation.

to sum up I think that only the 'Believe' makes us strong to believe in a god, we shape themselves in our fantasy so should god be but we cannot prove if he really exists that's for sure..
I don't believe in god it's total bullshit, I also can only say what I don't know to be honest, yeah it could be that it is a kind of energy and how do we know whatever created the universe and our planet?? It MUST be something higher but don't believe it is a kind of god-like creation.

so basically you're saying that you believe in a god, but that the Christian "God" is bullshit, if that's what you are saying, then i agree with you

My buddy had a girlfriend who grew up with her mother and friends "practicing" wicca around the kids in that family. She had ALL kinds of psychological problems on account of it. I later met her mother and entered into a agreement to rent that very same farm house from her... she wound up being a fucking "witch" alright. She tried to screw me out of money and labor, so she got to meet "Stevie"..... "Stevie" WON !

My buddy had a girlfriend who grew up with her mother and friends "practicing" wicca around the kids in that family. She had ALL kinds of psychological problems on account of it. I later met her mother and entered into a agreement to rent that very same farm house from her... she wound up being a fucking "witch" alright. She tried to screw me out of money and labor, so she got to meet "Stevie"..... "Stevie" WON !

not all wiccans are crazy like that
but yeah, i've met some of the crazy ones
i used to have sex with a girl and after we'd been screwing for a couple of months she starts telling me all about how she's had lesbian sex with all of her sisters and that her 8 children were all the products of inbreeding with her brothers and male cousins

im christian (a life style, not a religion)

Ugh, the whole "Its not a religion! Its a relationship!" annoys the hell out of me, not to mention its just dumb. Christianity fits the dictionary definition of religion. That whole thing just seems like a way to make it appeal to people, because of all the negative connotations associated with the word "religion".

the selfish greed in man is what all wars have been about, any given religion or faith or gods was used as a mask to warrant aggressive behavior

people need to get their heads out of their ass on that one, native Americans were waring, had slaves, performed torture, the Inuit were drivin to the far reaches of the north because they were small in structure and peacefully compliant, waring African tribes, Mongols, northern European tribes, ect, ect, NONE of which had anything to do with religion or use of such mask

The "Holy Wars" were about ownership of a specific piece of real estate, nothing more, just like all other wars throughout mankind history. Selfish greed... period!

+1

yes
religion blocks the ability to think
but for a lot of people, this inability to think is easier to deal with
if something "good" happens, they say "it's a miracle", then if something "bad" happens they say "the devil made that happen"
this outlook on life is, for many people, a lot easier than dealing with the way the world really is
"ignorance is bliss" but only because enlightenment is torturous, saying "God did this and Satan did that" is apparantly easier to deal with than actually thinking about the randomness of the modern world

Blanket statements abound! As if all Christians think like this...

I would agree with most on the sentiment that "religion" as in the man-made institutions,doctrines, and dogmas are for the most part bullshit and nothing more than excellent sources of power and money for those who choose to manipulate the system.
I was raised as a baptist, but the older I got the more flaws I found with all of christianity in general, the same flaws in any religion. I believe in YHWH, the God of the Bible, and everything in the Bible.
Bottom line though is that out of all of the religions that claim the Bible as the word of God, none of them take the whole thing. They pull the shit out that they like and make a big deal out of it and write book after book about why their followers can ignore the shit they don't like.
If you like beating your head against a wall, find a "devout" [christian] and show him something from the Bible that disagrees with his church's doctrine.Best example, Pretribulation rapture is 100% bullshit, and the Left Behind series is so fucked up I don't know where to begin with it, but it gets taken like a authoritative commentary by the same brainwashed group that thought Scott Stapp was a great role model.

Blanket statements abound! As if all Christians think like this...

i didn't mean to imply that ALL of the Christians think like what i described, i was just describing why it's such a popular religion, Christianity allows a person to ignore the way that reality is percieved by an athiest, i didn't say that all Christians actually do this