A Perfect Circle and Danny Carrey

Static said:
He wasn't saying the fans aren't social, but that they are all dicks and thats why Tool would not want to hang around with them...
Umm no. I love Tool, Im not saying the fans are dicks, get your facts straight b4 u put words in my mouth. Im saying most of them are all annoying and uber obsessed with every single aspect of the band. Some are just plain weird, and act like Tool is the meaning of existance, following them around and being all creepy. I dont blame tool, for not wanting to mingle with obsessive cracked out uber fans...SO like, they just play it safe and treat every fan very coldly, they dont have time to discern between the countless legions of super annoying fanboys, and the average joe tool fans like you and I.

Imagine weird nerdy kids comming up to you every day of your life acting like they know you personally, yet tend to know every single thing about you and the band your in, like its their religion....Um Id be creeped out.

EDIT: And please dont say its the same for evry other band...Tool has possibly one of the most obsessive fanbases in rock history.

Windom Pearl said:
They're musicans, not fucking social workers.

Actually, as you can see in this rare photo, you're wrong:
tl3.jpg

Now, whether they mean they're "fucking social workers" or FUCKING social workers, we don't know...

honestly, a perfect circle seems like just anopther (pop/)rock band to me...the thing with tool is that they have some good elements, but they cant seem to follow it up in their songs...tool is the only band i know where when i listen to the cd, i have to skip parts to reach the "good part of the song"...if they can follow up their good stuff, they would be much better.

So you don't get to flash a photo to your friends and say "look guys! i stood beside Danny Carrey, I'm cool now right!?". Big fucking deal.

Posing for pictures is fucking lame.

graveflower said:
I saw them two days ago and Danny was doing the same thing. He was very cool and approachable. He was probably just having a bad night. What are you so pissed off about? Not acknowledging their fans? He didn't have to come out and talk to you. He didn't have to give you his autograph. This guy goes out and tours, plays his heart out every night, and then goes the extra mile and comes out and talks to the fans when he obviously doesn't feel like doing it, and then you complain because he wouldn't get a picture taken with you. And they're the ones who are arrogant? Get a fucking grip on yourself. If there were people like you waiting outside my tour bus I wouldn't want to come out and talk to you either.

YES! :cool:

Haha, show my friends that I stood by Danny Carrey. As I've said, I'd like to take a photo and get an autograph to look at it and remember the encounter. Obviously no one reads that well. People were waiting for over 3 hours for Danny to come out. He obviously didn't want to come out because he was in the club for a very long time, getting drunk. His other bandmates had no problem talking to everyone, signing autographs, and taking photos. I'm sure there are other bands out there that do this, but I can't name one right now. Other bands don't seem to have problems with this. If no one would have said his name and asked for an autograph than he would have walked right into to the R.V. (it was in fact an R.V.). I also wanted to ask him some questions about drumming since I am a drummer as well. He seemed nice and everything, but yes, he is fucking arrogant. Most of the people were leaving right after he would sign something, I just wanted to ask him a few questions about drums and that's it, but I felt like an ass because I could tell that he wanted to leave, so, I just left. It seems like bands like Opeth and Soilwork are always talking with fans. Maybe it's something that the Europeans love doing.

Ridiculous.

Let's see. He plays a concert, very tiring. Afterwords, he just wants to relax. How many nights a year does he have to stand outside and chat with fans? And they aren't Opeth. They have a way, way bigger listening circle. If he took the time to take pictures and chat with everybody that wanted one, he would be there all damn night. He's just a normal person, you know? And besides, there is a chance he was having a bad night, or wasn't feeling good. Even if that isn't the case, I don't blame him for just wanting to be away from starry-eyed fans.

Start reading posts more in depth. He was inside for many, many hours. They were the opening band and they played about 40-45 minutes. He came out 3 hours after the concert had fully ended. When he was coming out, he was talking to his bandmates and they were laughing and smiling. His excuse was that he doesn't do anything limiting or something. He was inside drinking as well, and there was about 10 fucking people waiting for him, that's it. I'm pretty sure he doesn't meet with fans often since Tool always plays arenas and it's a little harder to access them in an arena, at least I would think so. Maybe I'll get over it one day, but it just pisses me off now because Danny is a very good drummer and it annoys me that he doesn't take a very small amount of time to take one photo and talk for a minute or so. Yes, I can imagine fans can get annoying, but a simple task shouldn't be that difficult.

What makes you so special that he should talk to you and not some other random fan? Like someone said he has a rather large fanbase, and though I could be wrong I really doubt there's something about you that makes you more important than the rest of them.