A Personal Note Regarding Mindflow

FuturesEnd

Sep 12, 2008
A couple of years ago, Mindflow was on a tour in the U.S. that took them to Texas Madfest, an event which Marc, Fred and I attended. They were fantastic.
They had played the second night of the festival to a room that was mostly empty. THese guys didnt care! They tore the place up from floor to celing and delivered a performance as if they were playing to a sold our room at Madison Square Garden.
After the show I got to know the boyz in the band a little. What a great bunch of guys! True professionals on stage and off, Mindflow left an impression on me that I will never forget. I flew back to Northern California knowing I had seen something very special.

About a week later, I got a phone call from Lance King. He had said that Mindflow still had time left on their Visas and would be in Southern Cali. He asked if I could put together a gig for them in the Bay Area. I called my friend Laura who had been booking Points North and a few other bands in the area and asked if she were up to the task. Within a few days, Laura had booked Mindflow at a VERY small club here in Concord, Ca called The Time Out.

It was a KILLER show. They played on a stage about the size of a postage stamp and again, it didnt matter. They just fucked the place UP! I felt REALLY bad for the headliner that had to follow them - some punk/grindcore band that played their instruments about as well as I do astrophysics.

I interviewed the band for my radio show that night. They were all just excellent to hang around with as usual. I have a picture of me and the boyz from Mindflow on my wall of fame. It is right next to pictures of me and Dream Theater and pictures of me and Niko McBrain. I have pictures, autographs, backstage passes - all kinds of memorabilia on my wall of fame, and I am very proud to have included Mindflow amongst bands and players of such great distinction, as they certainly deserve to be there.

Bear was at that show. I am sure he can tell you what a great band this is to see live. I believe that is where I met him in the first place!

PLEASE, Progpower attendees, do yourselves a favor, watch this truly remarkable and innovative band at the festival. I guarantee it will be something you wont forget!

Christian David Wentz
Futures End Cheese Grater

This just shows how a great bunch of guys they are. Always down to Earth, and yet superb musicians. They are so tight live, it's impressive.

Rodrigo (guitarist) sent a message to all of the ProgPower attendees last time I spoke to him. He said to not miss Mindflow because they will make sure to put on one of the best performances of the festival. Believe me, these guys are ecstatic to play this festival, and I know for a fact they're going to treat this appearance as a very special one.

Seriously, these guys really deserve this, man! :kickass:

I saw them on that same tour, literally playing in front of me, Braxil, and the 3 friends I brought with me. The guys fucking BROUGHT IT regardless.

I too had the pleasure of meeting these guys and seeing their show.. I really felt bad for the acts that followed because there was no toping this night. For the weekend it started with Mindflow, then Saturday it was Dream Theater and Redemption. and sunday nite was Symphony X.. Wow. what a weekend... so.. ya... dont miss these guys:headbang:

I couldn't agree more, but then again, these guys are my Brazilian brothers, and hold a very special and dear place in the hearts of my family and I. They have visited my home 3 times, and sat down with my family, and talked, and laughed, and just relaxed. My better-half says watching them play gives her chills, as they are so awesome live, and it is like watching her sons preform.

When these guys hit the stage, it is like a whirlwind, of non-stop excitement, and music. Music, that will infect your mind and soul and leave you wanting more, and more, and more. Their show for ProgPower, I have been told by Rodrigo and Rafael, will be something special for Progpower, and that ProgPower USA is the show they have always worked hard to do. So are they excited? Words can't descride how excited they are.

By the way, they will be there Wed, and will attend the Circus Maximus scoustic, and Mindcrime and will participate in Karaoke, and will attend the Showcase, and will be there Friday to play and hangout and also Saturday, so by all means go up and say Hi to Rodrigo, Rafael, Ricardo, and Danilo, they do speak excellent English, and they do talk to Birds.

Talked to guys yesterday, they will be there for the party Wed Night, and can't be more excited.

Yep definitely a great band and very cool guys. They totally hooked me up with merch. That was a great show in a casual bar, they definitely owned all the bands that play that night, or month hehehe. I look forward to seeing them again for sure.

Bear

Directions I can manage.
Somehow fitting everyone in my little ZX2....... Well, maybe if we're all clowning around...... :lol:

They will have a car and we can do the caravan thingy again, just like in Houston.

They guys in Mindflow have said Taco Cabana is definetly a must, free refills. They are also working on a kick-ass set for the show, so be forewarned.