A Plea for Purging - The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

steveW88

Feb 20, 2011
I know the forum's only new but I'm surprised nobody's spoken about The Marriage of Heaven and Hell yet. They're the heaviest deedoo jams I've ever heard. Especially on Shiver. I'm not sure if it's synth or ambi-guitar in the background towards the end but either way it's teeth-achingly heavy.

Are they really nice guys like they seem on their videos? Andy seems realy nice.

I'd imagine they were probably the easiest band to record. I know some of the bands J. does require tons of punch-ins for guitar tracks, etc. Plea seem insane on their instruments, but.

Also, this.
jq0sva.jpg

Was that kick even used on the album?

EDIT: The title of this thread should probably be called A Plea for Purging - The Marriage of Heaven and Hell and put in the FAQ. My bad!

I know the forum's only new but I'm surprised nobody's spoken about The Marriage of Heaven and Hell yet. They're the heaviest deedoo jams I've ever heard. Especially on Shiver. I'm not sure if it's synth or ambi-guitar in the background towards the end but either way it's teeth-achingly heavy.

Are they really nice guys like they seem on their videos? Andy seems realy nice.

I'd imagine they were probably the easiest band to record. I know some of the bands J. does require tons of punch-ins for guitar tracks, etc. Plea seem insane on their instruments, but.

Also, this.
jq0sva.jpg

Was that kick even used on the album?

EDIT: The title of this thread should probably be called A Plea for Purging - The Marriage of Heaven and Hell and put in the FAQ. My bad!
kick was actually not used on the album, but the sample we used had a very long decay and a deep undertone just like his kick

there was very few punch-ins. i recorded it on protools, and used elastique audio to fix small timing problems here in there rather than punching in again. guitar player played almost everything perfect.

drums are programmed due to time constraints and the fact that the drummer wasn't 100% comfortable with the material (they tour a lot, write on computers).

bass was played by guitar player.

most of the weird sounds are actually guitars.

all of the foley stuff was done by me, from scratch.

the girl voice at the end is my ex girlfriend (her voice is modified in the recording).

brian hood mixed and mastered, and most likely added a bit of stuff as well.

the band neglected to include my name in the credits to spite me. top Christians to the max.

But...Why wouldn't they credit you. :'((

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically, what happened was... They wanted the cd done a few weeks after it was recorded... No vocals were edited yet, and I was already tracking another band, and mixing something else. So I was realistic with them and said, its impossible. They came back saying I screwed them over and made them miss oppurtunities because of this. So I said lets get someone else to do it, I'll send it overnight and everything. So they did. and guess what... Brian couldn't do it that fast, either. Turns out I was right.

What? I just lost a whole lotta respect for that band now. Anybody that recorda with Joey should know he isn't out to screw you over, and to get his huge production sound takes x amount of time, so what the heck is wrong with em? They should of researched and estimated things first.

What? I just lost a whole lotta respect for that band now. Anybody that recorda with Joey should know he isn't out to screw you over, and to get his huge production sound takes x amount of time, so what the heck is wrong with em? They should of researched and estimated things first.

Seriously dude can you taste what joey had for lunch?

Seriously dude can you taste what joey had for lunch?

Yup! God your a douche, everytime I see a comment of yours on a thread its almost always moaning at someone's comment. If you don't like what I say then shutup. (Your part of the reason why Joey has his own forum now, to keep trolls away) get a life dude. I'm just here to read not be a dick to ppl like you. This forum is about Joey, so praise is welcome.

this is just my take on it lol honestly i'm glade brian mixed this album and not joey. I feel i would not even care for the way the album sounded if joey would have mixed it, brian did a great job. much rather hear that 5150 tone than any pod tone sturgis pulls off, all tho i must say i wish i could get the pod farm tone joey has, but i would still always think it sounds like shit, to me pod is just something that will work in the mix, but it is not a ground breaking sound by any means. the drum tones joey has on the album sounds great tho.

the production is great as well.

this is just me, not trying to start a war.
not everyone will agree, just speaking my mind.
props on the production tho.

this is just my take on it lol honestly i'm glade brian mixed this album and not joey. I feel i would not even care for the way the album sounded if joey would have mixed it, brian did a great job. much rather hear that 5150 tone than any pod tone sturgis pulls off, all tho i must say i wish i could get the pod farm tone joey has, but i would still always think it sounds like shit, to me pod is just something that will work in the mix, but it is not a ground breaking sound by any means. the drum tones joey has on the album sounds great tho.

the production is great as well.

this is just me, not trying to start a war.
not everyone will agree, just speaking my mind.
props on the production tho.

+1

Props for the production joey.

But i think Brian too that record to a new level

Gotta say, as per, the production/editing/Joey stuff/blahblah on this album was top notch as always, and it's of course a shame that things got out of hand in the way that they did, but honestly, the opportunity provided to Brian in the form of this album was excellent, and I'm personally really glad that it gave him the exposure that it has. Both Joey and Brian are excellent in different ways, and I feel like it came together on this album fantastically.

That being said, I find the album unlistenable because the songs are fucking shit. Just my input.

I'm just here to read not be a dick to ppl like you. .

Im a dick to people on here :)

That being said, I find the album unlistenable because the songs are fucking shit. Just my input.

Just because you dont like the music doesnt mean its shit. And how is that any input? Input is supposed to be advice, not ripping on material because its not your kind of jam.

Just because you dont like the music doesnt mean its shit. And how is that any input? Input is supposed to be advice, not ripping on material because its not your kind of jam.

i'm sure when your record comes out ...it'll blow these dudes sky high!

can't wait to hear it. :loco:

You guys are right. Poor phrasing on my part.

What I mean to say is I am a fan of everything about the album except the songs, I haven't heard anything else by these guys so I can't really say I dislike the band, overall I just don't dig the songwriting vibe of this particular album.